Do you talk to the plants while you garden?

Bee

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
I don't think I owe anyone an explanation if they find me talking to my plants OR myself hehe That's cool how you say goodnight to your plants...Night time is the most important time for them to grow and do their thing.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I sing aloud whenever I work in my garden - it is a way for me to relax and enjoy the end of the day. And it seems that my plants like it, all of my flowers and herbs bloom fruitfully.

Bee

Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
I am very happy to hear that.It fascinates me to see how my seeds I've sown has grown into something so healthy and edible.When I am in my garden I even walk barefoot to get more in tune with Mother Nature.Has anyone ever heard of earthing?

Reaction score
I don't necessarily talk to the plants themselves but I curse at the little bugs and pests that I sometimes find on them. I've cursed out a spider mite or two and given ants a tongue lashing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
South Africa
I talk to my little trees (that I'm training into bonsai) all the time. Unfortunately there are so many of them that I don't often get the opportunity to talk to them individually but when I spend time repotting or pruning a tree then I will always have a chat with it.

Reaction score
This is something i have being doing from i am a little girl and my sisters all was make so much fun of me when the caught me doing it...the usually call me a silly litlte girl but i enjoy doing it nevertheless...it's like it gives me a certain peace of mind.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
Talking to plants could be helpful for their growth as well as making it listen to music. Once when I was in middle school, we had this investigatory project regarding the subject due to the hypothesis of a curious local gardener here and surprisingly, it proved to be true.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I talk to my plants all the time. I actually do it for my benefit instead of theirs. They listen to everything I say with beauty and understanding. They never argue with me, they never disagree with me. They allow me to be me. Who else would be so understanding and sympathetic? As my husband always tells me - "gardening is cheap therapy".

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I am very happy to hear that.It fascinates me to see how my seeds I've sown has grown into something so healthy and edible.When I am in my garden I even walk barefoot to get more in tune with Mother Nature.Has anyone ever heard of earthing?

If earthing is the same as grounding then yes, I ground a lot, not necessarily mean walking barefoot outside though sometimes I do but also meditation is my way of being one with the universe. I find that as time passes, I feel more connected to nature. I get heartbroken whenever I see plants or trees that are not well specially trees that are cut down.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I have found that a gentle talking-to helps some plants, and a stern "grow or you're out of here" also is effective. I also talk to the cat, our chickens, myself, and occasionally my husband.
If you love your plants, why not tell them so?

Made me smile. I guess threatening them occasionally is healthy too just like when a parent disciplines a child. No doubt they can feel our energies.

Reaction score
Country
Philippines
I talk to my plants all the time. I actually do it for my benefit instead of theirs. They listen to everything I say with beauty and understanding. They never argue with me, they never disagree with me. They allow me to be me. Who else would be so understanding and sympathetic? As my husband always tells me - "gardening is cheap therapy".

I know what you mean. I usually do it a lot too with my pet. They never judge or answer back at all but I know somehow they understand me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I talk to myself, I talk to my pets, I talk to my plants.... What can I say.... I love to talk. It has been scientifically proven that the human voice has a positive and calming effect on both animals and plants. Plants like the feel of the vibrations it gives off. It is a healthy practice for both human and nature to have a conversation.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I don't talk to my indoor plants but I sometimes wonder whether they're enjoying the music I play. It's a silly thought, but I think my plants like classical music. ;)

Ask a Question