Germination of seeds

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I just ordered red maple bonsai seeds from abroad (England). These seeds are on the small side with a little tail on them. Does anyone know how can I cultivate them to make them germinate and grow? I am enclosing a picture of the seeds and also some "Brugmansia Pink Delight (Angels Trumpet) seeds I got from Oregon.
While in Japan, I saw these tiny little pink and white flowers, I was told they were called Manecia (perenniaIs). So I bought what resembled them. I also have seeds for Katz Apricot flower, a very tiny seed. There was also a Goldfish flower that resembled smaller snapdragons. I am getting Lotus flower seeds as well.
If anyone has had any luck, or any advice on how to cultivate/germinate them, please let me know. Thanks!
IMG_1348.jpg
IMG_1345.jpg
IMG_1349.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Oh, I know that you can't plant a seed and expect a bonsai. I was referring to the care of the seeds in the question. The seeds were labeled "Red maple" and I don't see why it's labeled wrong. The seeds are smaller than the seeds I normally see from the maple trees in America. I have never seem them like this.
I read a bit about them afterwards and it's best to soak the seeds first in hot water to regain some moisture in them for 24 hours, before you put them into soil. The soil needs to have a lot of perlite, from what I understand. Here is what I found:
By the way, the maple seeds were not expensive at all, from the UK. The pricier ones were the Brugmansia Pink Delight (Angels Trumpet). They are not poisonous, as well.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
I read a bit about them afterwards and it's best to soak the seeds first in hot water to regain some moisture in them for 24 hours, before you put them into soil.
CAUTION. Hot water no, warm water yes.

If you get too hot will kill the seed. 🔖 That is a red flag.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
CAUTION. Hot water no, warm water yes.

If you get too hot will kill the seed. 🔖 That is a red flag.
I did try to offer my thoughts to this lady, who gave the above reaction, and so I asked Zigs to delete my post for me.
We can but try 🥴

Reaction score
Country
United States

Ask a Question