Must have been mislabeled

Reaction score
Country
United States
My neighbor knew I was looking for some Early Girl Bush tomatoes. She called me and said she found some, I said get me two. I have had a lot of success with Early Girl in the past and last year my two plants produced 70 plus tomatoes each. They were still producing (non determinant variety) when the first freeze hit. And the same success with this tomato over the past several years. But these plants are all plant and no fruit. The bush variety never got over 3 feet tall and these are already 5-6 feet tall. Few blooms and one plant has three thumb size tomatoes and the other only one pea size. Now I have no doubt that they will mature into normal size Early Girls but what is recommended with these to amazons? I have this in very large pots and fertilize with Miracle Grow. Am I wasting my time with these no telling what plants? Should I just jank them up and find some real Bush Early Girls? Help and don't spare the whip. lol Thanks for much for your help and advice.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can't comment on the choice of tomatoe plant. But you want to feed a fertilizer high in potash. Miracle Grow is high in nitrogen, the blue stuff anyway.

Potash is for more flowers and fruit.

Nitrogen is for more green foliage.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Most 'tomato feed' are good, but check the NPK content as some are weak mixes. Feed every 2 weeks.

Ask a Question