Do you like lawn decorations? if so, what kind?

Reaction score
Lanterns help you enjoy the peace of your lawn at night too.. I love the light and shadows on the lawns.

c5e90da74669bb8da49150f00c3b8f89.jpg

Lawn edged with flowers take the monotony out of lawns
983ed4494c0b3ebc36bf6d6b58c2c359.jpg
th

WOW! I really love the lighting effects of the lanterns. I must find some for my yard this season.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
you could get those concrete ones and put LED landscape lights in them and save energy too .I bought 6 sets of them and they are on a dusk to dawn sensor and they are really bright .Soon as I get the new waterfall on my pond done I will be putting out the light house I built .My home i built on my pond .Holds my aerator for my pond actually

Attachments

• light house 030.JPG
    light house 030.JPG
    147.1 KB · Views: 522
  • pond 2012 019.JPG
    pond 2012 019.JPG
    184.9 KB · Views: 538
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I don't have much for lawn ornaments right now, but I do like them, and hope to add some to our yard in the future . I especially enjoy anything that has solar lights, so it looks pretty after dark also. And if it is solar, you don't ave to try and ger electricity out to them. I like the solar lanterns that are made out of a painted mason jar, and the lid has the light, so they light up in pretty colors at nite.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I would love to have a fountain in my garden - the bigger the better, but even a small one would make me really happy. Fountains look so beautiful - and I love water.
This one would be perfect:

FOUNTAINS-GARDEN-POOL-SURROUND-STONE.jpg

Reaction score
I love simple yet perfectly landscaped lawns. Not too much on the colorful blossoming flowers. Just greens, all sorts of shades of greens, put very well together to come up with a landscape that is easy and pleasant to the eyes. The ornaments and accents will define it. But in putting ornaments and accents, we must take note that these are mere accents, and let us not forget that the main superstar(s) are the plants. So easy on putting ornaments, for too much can really make the lawn look like a circus.

Anyways, for me, the best ornament will always be the lights. Carefully choose something that complements the lawn.

original_votives-hanging.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Cookieangel, these chandeliers (I'm not sure if this is how should I call them) are gorgeous, I'd love to decorate my garden with them:D

These are pretty too, aren't they?:

lamiony_300x300.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't have too many decorations in my garden, in my opinion it's better to keep things simple since flowers are beautiful enough and there is no need for anything else. Although, after reading this thread, I want to have a bird bath more and more. This one is really pretty:

bird+bath+over+hostas.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
We generally don't put them about. However, my wife has a thing about turtles, so we do have some small, stone turtles placed at various places in the garden and around the property.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
ACSAPA - usually, I don't like busy and colorful gardens, but I must say that this one is really pretty! It looks like a place from a fairy tale, just looking at it makes me cheerful:)
Nahum - small, stone turtles sound like a very cute decoration! My boyfriend has a thing for owls, so maybe in the future I'll have owl statues in my garden, haha:D

Reaction score
I like simple basic lawn crafts. Wind chimes, bird baths and maybe some LED lights are to name a few.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
My boyfriend has a thing for owls, so maybe in the future I'll have owl statues in my garden, haha:D

Its funny you mention the owls as my wife decorates the baby room with them. When we first brought our daughter home, she would make this little "Hoot..hoot" sound so we started calling her owlet. Maybe down the road there will be some garden decorations for the little owl. ;)

Reaction score
We have a few but they are really only for our own enjoyment, of for that of our guests. because they are so small they cannot be seen unless you are very close to the garden. We have cute little "critter" pieces such as a metal snail and beetle and then have pretty rocks that were decorated with colored glass. When the sun hits them they look so pretty and sparkly.

Reaction score
Okay, so we've seen some pretty hideous lawn decorations in another thread. But does anyone like using (tasteful) lawn decorations? I really like pretty stepping stones, like with the colored glass mosaics, and CERTAIN lawn ornaments are pretty cute. Do any of you use lawn decorations?
I do like lawn decorations but we live in a community that has certain laws on what can and can't be put on the lawn. We actually get letters in the mail if you violate the rules! :( I do like garden flags and I love to put holiday decorations as well. I mainly use my backyard for bigger things... safer that way.
I don't like it when people go overboard though. It tends to look like just a big mess instead of cute decorations. :)

Ask a Question