Do you like lawn decorations? if so, what kind?

Reaction score
Okay, so we've seen some pretty hideous lawn decorations in another thread. But does anyone like using (tasteful) lawn decorations? I really like pretty stepping stones, like with the colored glass mosaics, and CERTAIN lawn ornaments are pretty cute. Do any of you use lawn decorations?

Reaction score
Those were some very hideous lawn decorations! :confused:

I do like lawn ornaments as long as they are simple and clean, a little on the boring side perhaps. I am fond of bird baths, bird feeders, and a few decorative critters like a turtle or frog.

2_228806.jpg
2_260798.jpg
2_295946.jpg
3_35280.jpg
6_400129.jpg

Reaction score
I do not personally have any, but yes I do like so see some in the yard. I have seen some yards that looked very pretty with various decorations. I just do not have any because I have a small yard (very small) and nobody but us can see it anyway. It is directly behind our house fenced in (no front yard just sidewalk.) If I had a bigger yard, I would definitely be getting some decorations.

Love the dragonfly and the turtle in the pictures above :)

Reaction score
I really like the pictures that you posted, Lilley. Those are definitely cute...they are the type of ornaments that I suppose I am talking about. Cute and a little understated. Although, I did show the zombie gnomes to my boyfriend, and he REALLY got a kick out of them. He wants to buy them for our yard as a joke, so I REALLY hope he doesn't find them.

I saw some really cute outdoor wall ornaments at the dollar store the other day. They were colorful geckos, and they were really cheap (Dollar General). If I had somewhere to put them, I would have bought every one of them, but alas, I don't. :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I don't have any decorations in my garden. I believe that a lawn looks the best if it's decorated with a few weeds - it's not a joke, I don't like lawns that are too neat, I prefer when they look a little artistic:p
I wouldn't mind a nice bird bath though, this one looks lovely:

404739-3116-12.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
I stumbled across this guy in the garden center and had to buy it. The Monk stands guard over my pond.
My wife thinks it looks a "little" creepy, but I like him. What do you think?
monk_zps8ba431bf.png

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have seen some mosaic items people have make to go into the garden as art like a bowling ball covered in glass. I would not mind something like that in my yard. Some people put boulders in their yards as art, that is something I like.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
a lawn is like a room in your house that you get to decorate with plants and anything your heart desires and anything your mind can create

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love lanterns: big and small, in different shapes - they always look so romantic and magical:D
These are beautiful:

Nice-Garden-Looking-with-Lantern-Light1.jpg

garden-lanterns.jpg

Reaction score
I love lawn decorations that are stone, but have a problem with the plastic ones. I do have to admit. Now, it is ok if you decide to giggle, it's perfectly understood. However, I feel the need to have a pink plastic flamingo in the yard, somewhere. I think it is because I grew up with them in the neighborhood, and my mother, who was very proud of her yard, with her rock garden with rocks taken from all over the United States, etc. would not let a pink flamingo into the yard. That pink plastic flamingo and the planter made of a tire. I just have to have a spot somewhere, where no one can see, where I have the planter made from the spare tire, and the pink flamingos. However, like I said, not visible to human eyes, but my own.

So there you have it. I was brave enough to admit a tire planter and pink flamingo.

As of the moment, I garden a small patch with roses, melons and pumpkins etc. I love pumpkins. Basically, a gnome statue for the time being, in my little patch.

51068_1_468.jpeg

Reaction score
The only yard ornaments I have right now are a concrete pot bellied pig that used to belong to my mom and an old metal wheel barrow that I plant flowers in every Spring. I don't like a lot of clutter but I like the idea of stepping stones and the like. I just haven't gotten around to installing any, yet. :D

Reaction score
Lanterns help you enjoy the peace of your lawn at night too.. I love the light and shadows on the lawns.

c5e90da74669bb8da49150f00c3b8f89.jpg

Lawn edged with flowers take the monotony out of lawns
983ed4494c0b3ebc36bf6d6b58c2c359.jpg
th

Reaction score
I have a bird bath in my garden which I enjoy very much. Other than that I have some small fencing around some of the trees I planted to protect them when the grass is being cut.

Some people take it to the extreme. Personally I think less is more. I like a nice clean cut looking garden. Many lawn decorations make me feel cluttered and claustrophobic LOL

Ask a Question