Did anyone ever make fun of you for gardening?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Greens and chick peas, two of my favourites, soon I'll switch and gorge myself;)
That is only greens with Vitamin K in them. So check the level of that on google. Pretty sure it's K, been a long time thinking about those things.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hydrocodone and "herbs". Maybe that's why you stumble a lot? I hope you don't drive. Had some major foot surgery a while back. Gave me hydrocodone. Took 3 (no, not all at once!) and threw the rest out. Didn't like 'em and didn't want to get addicted. Used Advil to keep the pain down to acceptable level. I wasn't driving then anyway - had one of those air boot things too and a knee scooter. I highly recommend cats. In bed for the first week. Had both cats glued to me giving me loves and moral support!
I'm to take Hydrocodone every 4 hours but it really messes me up so I use some Marijuana might as well be messed up without the side effects.

Supposed to take Hydrocodone the rest of my life and no I no longer drive.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United States
That is only greens with Vitamin K in them. So check the level of that on google. Pretty sure it's K, been a long time thinking about those things.

This is why I'm to eat very few Greens because of Vitamin K.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Well they adjust my Blood Thinners accordingly.
yep, they told me about vit K, but said "Eat your normal diet and we adjust". Trouble is being consistent, sometimes you have chick peas and greens, other days you just fancy a toastie and some beans.
I am all for eating what I fancy, listen and your body tells you what it needs
Missus made a lovely chick pea, vegetable and preserved lemon pie today, with green salad.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I haven't experienced anyone who has "made fun" of me for expressing a passion for gardening, but I for sure have heard more than one comment about how difficult and pointless it is in Chicago with how cold and windy it is most of the year here. I don't listen to them! Even though we might experience a shorter season for some types of plants, I love the challenge of growing in the element of Chicago.

Mike121

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Not that I'd care if they did, but I don't recall anyone every making fun of someone else for gardening. Most folks I know just want a taste!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had a person laugh at me splitting wood.

The girl that was watching got a piece of metal off a Wedge in her Leg.

She pulls her Dress up and I'm a picking.

Well she happen to be the Sheriff's Daughter and who pulls up but the Sheriff.

Ok girl in pain and her Dad looking and he has a big gun.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I had a person laugh at me splitting wood.

The girl that was watching got a piece of metal off a Wedge in her Leg.

She pulls her Dress up and I'm a picking.

Well she happen to be the Sheriff's Daughter and who pulls up but the Sheriff.

Ok girl in pain and her Dad looking and he has a big gun.

big rockpile
I split a lot of wood with a splitting hammer. When I brought that up people would ask why. I have a wood stove in the garage and it helps keep it warm for free. Takes a while but warms up eventually. There is something to be said about swinging a heavy hammer and watching the wood split. It's like a mini-explosion. Eventually the wood is going to hit you or someone watching. Great exercise just dont over do it. I split some wood last week as I cleaned the garage for my spring planting.

MOD

Reaction score
Country
United States
I split a lot of wood with a splitting hammer. When I brought that up people would ask why. I have a wood stove in the garage and it helps keep it warm for free. Takes a while but warms up eventually. There is something to be said about swinging a heavy hammer and watching the wood split. It's like a mini-explosion. Eventually the wood is going to hit you or someone watching. Great exercise just dont over do it. I split some wood last week as I cleaned the garage for my spring planting.

MOD
Got a New Splitter and Chainsaw. They took them away from me as well as my Pickup.

big rockpile

Ask a Question