Did anyone ever make fun of you for gardening?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
The good thing about most gym "machines" as opposed to free weights and cable frames, is that they isolate specific movements and exercises and provide proper support. So it eliminates or at least minimizes the risk of unexpected movements and injuries.

Reaction score
Country
United States
All my recommendations start with "Senior" this or that. What is the old saying Move it or Lose it. Nothing about the Gym or machines.
I use to go to Silver Sneekers scare the something out of the Trainer.

I can't get up there anymore. I was up there one time found I had left my Pickup running for four hours.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this other probably cost a bunch.
I am pretty sure you are right there, luckily we have a health service that allows doctors to give patients the best treatment rather than the cheapest, I am in the process of being swapped over. If you have been on it for years though you are probably pretty much in control.
My best advice is go for a walk for an hour a day, it's amazing the difference it makes after just a week or two.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am pretty sure you are right there, luckily we have a health service that allows doctors to give patients the best treatment rather than the cheapest, I am in the process of being swapped over. If you have been on it for years though you are probably pretty much in control.
My best advice is go for a walk for an hour a day, it's amazing the difference it makes after just a week or two.
It is going to have to wait until I get this Boot off and really I need to have someone around which I don't.

I was doing this until I started going back to the Gym.

Hey I was losing weight but was told to quit for now because I'm in the healing process and need to eat.

At the Gym I was on the Stepper for 3 days and Weight Machines for 2.

I'm still with Humana because I'm told it is the best with my Cancer. Plus my Doctor is the only one that will prescribed Hydrocodone and is all for me using Herbs.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Hey I was losing weight but was told to quit for now because I'm in the healing process and need to eat
Did they actually tell you what you "need" to eat. Up your Vitamin C that is awesome for healing process and high protein. Decrease your carbs majorly. Add lots of greens . Salads etc. fill up on the Salads.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can't eat too many greens because of Blood Thinners.

I've been doing good losing weight before my foot got messed up I had lost 70 pounds.

big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
It is going to have to wait until I get this Boot off and really I need to have someone around which I don't.

I was doing this until I started going back to the Gym.

Hey I was losing weight but was told to quit for now because I'm in the healing process and need to eat.

At the Gym I was on the Stepper for 3 days and Weight Machines for 2.

I'm still with Humana because I'm told it is the best with my Cancer. Plus my Doctor is the only one that will prescribed Hydrocodone and is all for me using Herbs.

big rockpile
Hydrocodone and "herbs". Maybe that's why you stumble a lot? I hope you don't drive. Had some major foot surgery a while back. Gave me hydrocodone. Took 3 (no, not all at once!) and threw the rest out. Didn't like 'em and didn't want to get addicted. Used Advil to keep the pain down to acceptable level. I wasn't driving then anyway - had one of those air boot things too and a knee scooter. I highly recommend cats. In bed for the first week. Had both cats glued to me giving me loves and moral support!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Got some great Indian, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern and Mexican recipes for Chick Peas. Very versatile. They make a great useful flour when finely ground, too. Mixed with plain yogurt, it makes a great nutritious and delicious batter for lots of things too. Seem to recall you said you are a vegetarian. Depending on what variety of veggie you are, if you do dairy but not eggs, you can make some great waffles.

Ask a Question