Aloe Vera Plant Looks Terrible

Reaction score
I wish I had that problem. They can get big and beautiful so why do you want to keep it in check? Can you move it to a bigger pot?

It's in a huge pot right now, like the ones you find in a mall or movie theater lobby. There are no bigger pots. I have to move it from my old place to my current apartment and I have no idea how I'm going to drag it up the stairs. Plus it's outgrowing the huge pot so now it looks like 6 plants in one. Since there are several plants competing for water and space, some of them are turning yellowish.

Reaction score
Country
United States
When my Aloe looked like that I took it out of the sun and gave it a bit of water. I live in FL and it's usually hot in the sun. It seems to be doing really well in indirect light. Aloe can be really finicky. Good Luck!
Can aloe plants get dried up with too much sun? Mine is turning yellow on the side facing the window. I tried changing its direction but not much has changed. It looks like the plant is getting burnt. Can this happen even to a plant sittin on a windowsill?

Reaction score
Aloe Vera plant is a kind of succulent plant and so it means that it needs little amount of water only. Maybe you are watering too much your Aloe Vera plant that is why it had looks that terrible.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I agree with all of the above. I planted my first aloe vera where it was handy to use, for cuts etc, but it did not get enough sun and got waterlogged.:( I now have one planted in a pot not easily accessible but it is doing really well. If I do need it for medicinal purposes I'll just have to make the effort, good exercise and that makes it even better medicine:LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
We have an aloe vera since the year 2002 and I find it very prolific and sturdy that it wouldn't wilt in ordinary conditions. For the withering parts, check on the soil. Sometimes the top soil is okay but the soil underneath has lots of pebbles and somewhat sandy which makes the soil dry and overheated during noon time. If possible, get a baby aloe vera and transplant in another location to serve as backup.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Since I can't see your Aloe Vera plant i'm going to give advice from my experience. You might be over watering it and giving it way to much light and may of burnt your leafs.

Reaction score
Have you tried putting the plant in the sunlight for majority of the time? I have seen this happen to a few of my Aloe plants. It's a sad sight to see, but I've been able to fix it before. I watered my plant plenty and made sure to give it plenty of sunlight. It seemed to do the trick for me. I hope your issue is solved soon!

Ask a Question