Your Pets

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
And meet Tonto. So called as Oliver found him half starved and brought him home saying" She will feed you; she will feed ANYONE!" Oliver always wants MORE and ranges far and wide so his sidekick became Tonto. Tonto is a refugee from a local farmer. As in Orkney cats are all but valueless here. So Tonto had been starved. Literally. He is obsessed with food. A wild boy but now totally devoted. Wraps round my ankles as soon as I set foot outside, purring, and now so tame he loves having his head rubbed. He was never fixed either. And no way can I get it done as his ..... tormenter... is also the ferryman.
CIMG2753 (3).JPG
CIMG2753 (3).JPG

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
One of my smaller cats . Selkie, street urchin and part Oriental, has become a limpet. I could not sleep last night and she curled up abed with me. And is still abed with me. The devotion of rescued cats is awesome and they give so much love.

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
And tonight her adopted sister has joined her so I am piggy in the middle. THEY are fast asleep and I cannot lie down without disturbing them.

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
For years I've been trying to get barley and berry to have their worming tablet, I put it in mashed potato then put it on top of their food. Barley would eat it all at once, but berry seems to lick all the mash off and leave the tablet. So I thought just put the tablet on top of the food without anything and it worked, they eat the food so quick that they didn't notice the tablet.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
For years I've been trying to get barley and berry to have their worming tablet, I put it in mashed potato then put it on top of their food. Barley would eat it all at once, but berry seems to lick all the mash off and leave the tablet. So I thought just put the tablet on top of the food without anything and it worked, they eat the food so quick that they didn't notice the tablet.
Oh, they are larger dogs. I had GSD's I just opened their mouth from the top part, bring head back, put tablet down near throat with other hand, close mouth and stroke neck. just do it quickly. boom done. works same with cats, but smaller mouth so had to position my fingers better to get it in. Never forget my one GSD, he used to have ear infection on his right ear. so vet decided to use swimmers ear drops once a month to keep the canal dry. I would keep the bottle on the kitchen window sill. After twice treatment, I discovered that I just had to reach for the bottle, and say "time for your drops" I turn around, dog already laying on the floor with the correct ear up for the drops. I 'd give him the drops, massage the ear, tell him good boy. and up he'd be. all happy.

Ask a Question