Your inspiration

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What inspired your love of gardening/growing.
For me it was my great grandparents.
I grew up with meat and potatoes parents ( which is fine ; I love meat and potatoes) and only canned veggies.
When I’d stay with my grandparents I’d get to help out in the gardens and loved it.
First home grown tomatoes and corn I tried and I was sold!
Of course now the practical as well. With food prices so high.

Meadowlark

No N-P-K Required
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
old zone 8b/new zone 9a
Country
United States
This one is easy for me...Grandparents that raised 19 children as subsistence farmers and my mother who was one of those 19 children and boy did they know how to garden! (and preserve food)

Often times I find myself doing something in the garden that I don't know why I'm doing it...but it all goes back to them and the teaching they gave me.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My mom and dad. Made our living from a truck farm and roadside vegetable stand. Mom grew flowers and houseplants of all kinds and my dad, vegetables. Churned our own butter, sold eggs and pigs. Just a basic farm.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
My dad taught me how to garden but I've always been in awe of seeing plants grow, especially from seed. I have always been a nature nut. One of my hobbies is collecting water from anywhere I find it and putting it under the microscope to see a glimpse of a micro world not a lot of people get to see. Also I am a self proclaimed chef and foodie so that and fresh food grown in the garden go hand in hand. If it wasn't for my love of nature I would have given up on gardening and just buy it from the grocery store.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Covid.... my veggies were from the grocery store farm for 50+ years. Once the lies, propaganda, narratives started in 2020, I started gardening. Now, 3 years in (I just saw this post) I wish I had started 30 years ago. I love it and can't get enough. I am doing what I can in our back yard and limited to inside the cages we built to protect from critters. I wish our friends would jump in too...they are going to be sorry when the grocery stores are empty and prices too high to pay.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I grew some potatoes in lockdown 2020 and you get a strange sense of pride when you get to eat your own produce fresh from your garden got me hooked!

Reaction score
Country
United States
My family. Always just wanted to get into the dirt from a kid. Now as a dad,grandpa I enjoy supplying hormone n steroid free food to our family. Love hunting,foraging n such. And raise meat rabbits. Will get back into chickens next year.
We also homeschool and gardening is a great science class.
And we can't help ourselves

Ask a Question