Yellow leaves

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That is wrong, Epsom Salts is a salt, a covalent bonding of the metal magnesium with sulphur.
A chemist would call it a salt.
:geek: headfullofbees, yes, it is a salt. Ammonium carbonate (smelling salts,) is also a salt. Neither one is sodium chloride.

My main point was that it is in no way related to sodium chloride; which is pretty much the first thing a person thinks when they are told to put salt on a plant. ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
I have a PHD in handiology
Country
United States
It could be too much water. But from what I understand reapers like having their feet wet.

I was doing some reading and think it might have something to do with transplanting it too early.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Maybe its working?
1499167726382232215416.jpg

The old leaves that it still has are getting greener and theres new growth where the leaves were that fell off.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Ok so. Another question for those more knowledgeable than me. While the reaper is doing much better I'm wondering if I wont have a problem with pollination. From what I understand they do not self pollinate. So I figured that theyd be fine seeings as it was planted with other hot pepper plants nearby. But those are no longer flowering. Instead the peppers have started coming in. Though because of the problems Ive been having the reaper hasnt flowered yet.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Ok so. Another question for those more knowledgeable than me. While the reaper is doing much better I'm wondering if I wont have a problem with pollination. From what I understand they do not self pollinate. So I figured that theyd be fine seeings as it was planted with other hot pepper plants nearby. But those are no longer flowering. Instead the peppers have started coming in. Though because of the problems Ive been having the reaper hasnt flowered yet.
ALL peppers, like tomatoes and aubergines, have perfect flowers, and DO self-pollinate.
With peppers they should be fine outdoors left to themselves, but getting them to self-pollinate under cover, means giving the plants a good shake, which also has the benefit of shaking off unviable buds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thank you. I must have read wrong.

But it might not matter anymore. Huge storm just rolled in 70 mph winds dumped 4 inches in 30 minutes. Everything that wasnt in a cage or steaked up is now down. So I dont know if they will be able to be saved. Got to wait till things die down to look.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well all but one plant seems to have righted itself. The stem on one of my jalipinoes seems broken. Its laying on its side still and is still green and the peppers are getting biggger still. But wont stay upright.

Ask a Question