White tulips

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
The tulips are beautiful, Claudine! Such a thoughtful gesture from your boyfriend. I'm sorry to learn of the difficulties you and your family are facing with your mom. How is your dad getting on during this period?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you Rosyrain and ChanellG:) My dad is heartbroken and terrified, just like the rest of our family. But we won't give up. My mom found a really good doctor, I believe he can help her. She needs to have another test done and then she'll go to a hospital.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Thank you Rosyrain and ChanellG:) My dad is heartbroken and terrified, just like the rest of our family. But we won't give up. My mom found a really good doctor, I believe he can help her. She needs to have another test done and then she'll go to a hospital.

That's great about your mom's doctor, Claudine. Having someone competent with a good attitude toward the patient makes all the difference in the world. I hope everything goes well and your mom will come out with a clean bill of health in the end.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I so very hope so. What we are going through is a nightmare.
On one hand, I miss spring. On the other hand, I don't want it to come, because my mom has always loved working in her garden. Now, she can't do it. Looking at all those plants through a window will be extremely difficult for her.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I thought about you when I bought some tulips recently. There were about one dozen stems in each bundle and they were being sold three for $10. I got yellow, orange-red and white, and I thought about your post. I added a little sugar to the water, which I had to change after a few days, and they lasted a little over a week.

Your mother will be sorry she won't be able to work her garden, but if the family pitches in and makes it nice for her. seeing it through the window and seeing it not neglected would likely make her feel better. Surely she could also sit outside even if she can't get around to dig in the dirt?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I'm sure your tulips looked lovely! Did you take a picture of them?:)
My mother often sits in her garden, but she'll have to spend some time in a hospital. Being sick in spring is heartbreaking.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I'm sure your tulips looked lovely! Did you take a picture of them?:)
My mother often sits in her garden, but she'll have to spend some time in a hospital. Being sick in spring is heartbreaking.

Being sick at any time is frustrating! I'm glad your mother can still enjoy her garden often, even if only to sit. It has to comforting to be surrounded by nature even if she can't get out and dig in the dirt herself. I did not take any pictures of the tulips, maybe next time ;-)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
To be honest, I'm not sure if it's comforting for her. She worries that she will never be able to work in her garden again. Fortunately, she will be treated soon. I strongly believe doctors can heal her.

Ask a Question