When do I repot new alocasia polys?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Title says it all really. I purchased a few corms online a while ago and out of the four 2 have put out their first leaves while the other two are at different stem sizes and haven’t yet.
image.jpg

Are the two with their first leaves ready to be repotted? I was just gonna put some holes in some clear plastic drinking cups and use this stuff:
image.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don't think transplanting would be in your best interest because there is plenty of root space in the pot you have now. Let the plants get bigger and the leaves get more mature before changing the container. Plus leaving them the way they are now will probably yield more pups.

Reaction score
Country
India
Hey! Sometimes corms can take their time. It's normal for them to sprout at different rates. Keep providing consistent care in terms of water and light, and hopefully, the other two will catch up soon. Patience is key with these guys! 🌱😊

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey! Sometimes corms can take their time. It's normal for them to sprout at different rates. Keep providing consistent care in terms of water and light, and hopefully, the other two will catch up soon. Patience is key with these guys! 🌱😊
The third one has now put out a leaf, and it’s bigger than the first two. The forth corm stem is still tiny and hasn’t made much progress.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Australia
It's great to hear that your corms are showing progress! If two of them have already produced leaves, they may be ready for repotting. Using clear plastic drinking cups with holes is a good idea for proper drainage. Just ensure that the cups are deep enough to accommodate the growing roots.

When repotting, be gentle with the roots and try to disturb them as little as possible. Make sure to use well-draining soil and provide adequate sunlight. Keep an eye on the moisture level, and adjust watering as needed.

Wishing your plants continued growth and success!

Ask a Question