What's Wrong With My Strawberries?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello all!

Last month I bought 25 ft laramie bare root strawberries from a mail order nursery. They were potted up in a mix of 2/3 potting soil and 1/3 sand. After a month, a dozen of the plants were replanted outside in a bed with the same soil mix. Berry-tone was also applied based on the directions on the bag. The remaining plants are still in the greenhouse and have not had Berry-tone applied. Both sets of plants have developed this rusty brown discoloration along the edges of the leaves. It seems that eventually the whole leaf is consumed and shrivels up. The ones outside seem to be doing a bit worse then the ones inside. We have not had any freezing. Any ideas?

_MG_2957.jpg

_MG_2955.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am not sure why, but in the first picture I can see dead leaf in the pot and around the bottom of the plant, I would get rid of all that in case it is harbouring any disease, it is a common transmission point for fungal diseases.

Ask a Question