zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@zigs said: Brilliant word "zorrillo"
That's going in my mental book of daft things to know in other languages along with "ich bin ein fussboden" (I am a floorboard) and "emmer" (africaans for bucket) :D

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO: I don't know why i cannot seem to master the art of the quote. "Fussboden" is hilarious and that is going in my mental book. It sounds like it should mean something very different than "floor board". The next time i am frustrated with someone it will be "You, you, you fussboden!" :) yeah, they won't forget that. I'll bet you don't have any Huichol words in your "mental book of daft"...i'll see if i can find a good one for you, but it probably won't be as good as "Fussboden" :LOL:

Only Huichol word I know is Peyote :D

la piscina está llena de cadáveres

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I haven't got a clue DeborahJane, sorry! :D I'll find out for you. I have just relocated to Scotland (two weeks) from the Isle of Man and this plant is in my temporary garden.
Thanks Sheal. Good luck with your new move, hope you settle in soon.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Finnish for main switch, don't want the lights going out :D

View attachment 15363

View attachment 15364
Thanks Zigs. I see the light now:cool:. Aren't fuschias amazing little flowers. I have some very pretty ones but can't master keeping the bushes, they grow all leggy and spindly. Mind you I wish I could do that to myself:confused:.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@zigs how about "no pisar el cesped" (don't walk on the grass).

"la piscina está llena de cadáveres" means the swimming pool is full of dead bodies. Is this what you mean to say?;)

"Por encima de mi cadaver" means over my dead body:p

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@zigs how about "no pisar el cesped" (don't walk on the grass).

"la piscina está llena de cadáveres" means the swimming pool is full of dead bodies. Is this what you mean to say?;)

Yep, it was from an old Mike Harding book of useful phrases to use abroad, also had the Spanish for "where can I put these toenail clippings, but I've forgotten that :)

DSCI0042.JPG

DSCI0043.JPG

Ask a Question