Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Same here with the roses
DSCN2403.JPG

Just noticed my Curry plant, it's about 4 times the size it was last year :)

DSCN2402.JPG

The Passion Fruit doesn't seem to mind the gate being used :D

DSCN2401.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
Those are some truly amazing pics. I love the comment that the mushrooms look like a little village(y). The thought also occurred that because the tree was now fallen did not mean life ended there. Who knows for what purpose it fell. It just continues to have a purpose supporting the little 'village' and so many other things the eyes can't see.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I can not believe how many of you still have beautiful flowers in your garden in December! It is amazing how the cycle of life continues even in the winter. What a neat picture Becky of all of the mushrooms in the fallen tree. Thank you everyone for sharing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
We've had a mild, wet and windy autumn here in Britain which is set to carry on through winter at the moment. The roses are still with us but spring daffodils are coming up too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Took dogs for a wee walk this morning and came across this long grass, all bent over and with the sun shining on it, looked like water.

We are having insanely warm weather, breaking all-time records all over the place. December in Michigan and people are wearing shorts! My windows are open, its balmy. So weird. Usually our highs are hovering around the freezing mark and we've had plenty of snow. My poor rhododendron bush is confused and putting out flower buds right now.:eek:

IMG_20151120_132417.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
The same here Beth. Although it's warm for December we have had a lot of rainfall over the last couple of months and northern England/southern Scotland are suffering because of bad flooding.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Yes, I have family in Yorkshire and the Isle of Skye, so I know that flooding in some areas there have been catastrophic for some.

Next year will be a lean one for deer and other wild critters here. Because of the unusually warm weather, our ubiquitous deer will have many multiple births. Which in turn will result in overgrazing, which will then result in less forage for rabbits and rodents and foraging birds, which will severely hurt the raptor population that depends on them for food, which will affect birds and other pollinators.. .and so it goes.

Balance is upset when the weather patterns go sideways. :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
The World is being ran by Humans ...........Sorry I meant ruined by Man!. Its a sad fact But I'm going to stay positive In the face of this Forecast! Its worm right now so maybe less of us are heating our houses & pumping as much Smoke & pollution in the sky. The Weather is a funny thing, Know one Knows all the answers & the few that know a bit, are not being listened to as Progress & war are always more important ...........But lets stay upbeat If there is multiple births of dear then the venison maybe good for a while! (I'm just trying to stay upbeat!!!!) Sorry if your vegetarian but you have to stop overgrazing & I don't like mind eating the odd bit of Venison if it helps?......

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
We have a lot of plants that are flowering out of season as it has been so mild.

The one that is furthest out of season is the Exochorda which normally starts to flower in April/May time

P1260732.JPG

Sophora usually starts in late February
P1260758.JPG

Pulmonaria usually starts early February and keeps going until May
P1260730.JPG

Others are fairly close to their proper time.
P1260715.JPG

P1260745.JPG

With the white heather starting to open up quite well
P1260737.JPG

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Save some for open day :eek::D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
@zigs, the plants in the second picture look like Jonquils, they should smell a bit like Jasmine if they are. :)

Ta Sheal, never occurred to me to smell em :)

Ask a Question