What type of shrub is this?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can anyone help me to identify this bush/ shrub?

Attachments

• IMG_20210518_184406869.jpg
    IMG_20210518_184406869.jpg
    257.3 KB · Views: 59
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
The leaves and trunk reminded me of some tall holly trees that I purchased a few decades ago, Nelly R. Stevens Holly. But I doubt these may be that specific variety as mine are gigantic now. But you trim yours so maybe another holly variety?

Reaction score
Country
United States
The leaves and trunk reminded me of some tall holly trees that I purchased a few decades ago, Nelly R. Stevens Holly. But I doubt these may be that specific variety as mine are gigantic now. But you trim yours so maybe another holly variety?
Thank you for helping me to identify. It was massive. I got it trimmed. Found it was 3 shrubs that grew into a massive bush. When I got it trimmed I was not sure if that was the right thing to do. But I feel much better now after doing the research.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is Fortune's Osmanthus (Osmanthus x fortunei) in the Olive Family (Oleaceae).
It is a primary hybrid of O. fragrans X O. heterophyllus, and first originated in Japan where both parent species are native.

Ask a Question