What tree/plant is this?

Reaction score
I would love to know how to turn a piece of an oak tree into a Bonsai tree or plant. Do you mind sharing how this is done? I've created many types of live arrangements for my indoor plants. I have quite a few container plants consisting of a combination of 3 to 6 different types of plants so I'm always looking for new ideas.
I am still in the experiential stage. I've read that bonsai can be started by using a shallow pot. Shallow pots are used, to prevent deep roots from forming a tall tree. When you remove the large leaves from plant it encourages the leaves to grow smaller. Lastly, when the tree seems developed, you can use wires to change the shape or direction of the branches.

Reaction score
I am still in the experiential stage. I've read that bonsai can be started by using a shallow pot. Shallow pots are used, to prevent deep roots from forming a tall tree. When you remove the large leaves from plant it encourages the leaves to grow smaller. Lastly, when the tree seems developed, you can use wires to change the shape or direction of the branches.
Sounds logical. There are so many different types of plants I'd like to grow. Currently I'm experimenting with trying to grow plants from a bottle, creating a small ecosystem inside the container, or a Terrarium. It's not going to well but the plants are hanging on. I don't thing the bottle is large enough. I'm trying to create something similar to the image below...

Terrarium_328.jpg

Reaction score

Speaking of Bonsai trees, they can be so beautiful, so serene, and almost appear to have their very own distinct personality. I saw this really beautiful tree when I found the Terrarium image above. Isn't this a lovely Bonsai ??

Lantana-Bonsai-640.jpg

Reaction score
Sounds logical. There are so many different types of plants I'd like to grow. Currently I'm experimenting with trying to grow plants from a bottle, creating a small ecosystem inside the container, or a Terrarium. It's not going to well but the plants are hanging on. I don't thing the bottle is large enough. I'm trying to create something similar to the image below...

Terrarium_328.jpg
That looks cool, don't forget to add charcoal to your terrarium. It's cool to make polymer clay objects as accent pieces. I've always thought terrariums were beautiful. Good luck with your experiment.

Ask a Question