What to do today - decisions, decisions

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
United Kingdom
It's a warm, damp autumnal day here in Wales. The whole garden is covered in a carpet of leaves begging to be gathered up and composted (In black plastic waste sacks with holes poked in them with the garden fork, since you ask : -) ) . The raspberries are waving in the breeze, reminding me that the fruit cage needs maintenance and the strawberries next to them are doing a valiant job of trying to produce a small second crop although, sadly, the fruit just tastes wet with no sun to warm and ripen it properly. The last runner bean pods are going brown, holding seed for drying for next year and the bean poles need to be un-strung and taken down and cleaned and put away for next year. There's a small patch planted with left-over seedlings of swiss chard (Bright Lights, the one with brilliantly coloured stalks) finally getting a grip and growing good strong leaves. And can it be… yes… main crop peas having a second fling in the far corner by the compost heap. I think they may just get eaten like sweeties, straight from the pod! And i'm no nearer to deciding which of the many jobs to undertake first. perhaps another cup of coffee which I walk round and have a think about it!

Reaction score
Country
Jamaica
Sounds like you have your hands full today TobiWallis. I know whatever you decide to do you will certainly enjoy it. As for myself, we had rain upon rain yesterday. That means the gutters will need to be cleaned out. Want to trade?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
11b
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know if they're available in Jamaica ShanniB, but in the UK you can buy lengths of brush to lay in the gutters so that the leaves and moss can't stick in them. They're called Hedgehog gutter brushes and have only been around for a few years!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Coffee and a wander around the garden versus cleaning gutters....:rolleyes:. Mmmmm!! In my case it would be tea:p. Enjoy Tobi and good luck with that task ShannieB.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hope you figured out something productive, @TobiWallis !

My yard is a mess - leaves to be raked, gutters to be cleaned, some general organizing and sorting (got some done this morning)...so many tasks. But I have been working seven days a week, it is cold (and dark) when I leave the house and dark when I get home. So, no time. I am thinking of hiring someone to rake and do gutters at the very least before the snow starts and things start freezing for real, as they tend to do here in Michigan. :eek:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Sounds like a lot of work!
To be honest, just thinking about all those things that need to be done makes me feel tired, haha;) Today, I repoted one of my African Violets and harvested some herbs. It's enough. I'll be less lazy tomorrow;)

Reaction score
It sounds to me like you've made the best decision in grabbing a second cup of coffee. Coffee is always my first choice when I can't think of what to do first. I hope your cup of Joe helped you sort everything out ;P

Ask a Question