Oh you lucky, lucky man. There was a very minor precipitation this afternoon, it felt a bit like putting your face into a gin and tonic for ten minutes or so, not enough to get anything wet, there is a 30% chance of rain forecast very briefly next Saturday, I suppose that means there is a 70% chance of none.It rained last night so the garden was still quite wet this morning,
Potted some basil seedlings. Over winter I cut the grape that filled the ceiling of one side of the greenhouse back to three feet. It has started sprouting again and I started building a frame to train it on and keep it down to three feet so it doesn't shade the entire house, I don't know if it will work, worth a try, but I shan't weep if it doesn't.
Digging weeds out of a bit of clay I turned over last year I broke a tang off the good quality stainless steel fork, the ground is that hard. Last year when it was grass I was able to cut out cubes a spade square and turn them over, now I can't even break up the clay that exposed to mix it with the rotted turf underneath. Meanwhile I water pots dried out by sun that I dare not plant out yet, I expect hail the size of marbles if I do.