What deed, thought, sight or what was said today that made you smile?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Yes, it's a joke. Corn dogs are hot dogs wrapped in a batter and fried, and they come out looking like cattails.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
@Tjohn That's a good joke. We don't have corndogs here. We have hot dogs. Now I am smiling. Quite hilarious as I actually googled for corn dogs and bulrush.. :shame:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
@Tjohn That's a good joke. We don't have corndogs here. We have hot dogs. Now I am smiling. Quite hilarious as I actually googled for corn dogs and bulrush.. :shame:
OH No !!!! No corn dogs????? You are missing one the best parts of "Fair Food"! Along with Blooming Onions and Cheese Fries..... Major Heartburn!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...rs-share-photos-animals-trying-hide-vets.html

Animals and vet visit
49B7D46200000578-0-image-a-7_1519954684111.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Snow? What snow?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-000-cannabis-farm-seeing-snow-free-roof.html

'I wonder why there's NO snow on your roof?': Police find £80,000 cannabis farm with around 322 plants... after spotting home with mysteriously ice-free tiles
  • Police smelt cannabis outside the property and saw no snow on the roof
  • They found cannabis being grown in all 4 bedrooms and the cellar of the house
  • PC James Butterfield posed for pictures with the huge drug haul yesterday
  • So far no arrests have been made and police investigation are now underway
They should be in less trouble if they manufacture legal highs .. in bunker built inside their house. Smell from these plants is so obvious.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Well, the situation made me smile, although really it was more a "good deed."

I was just about to go out to do some shopping after lunch, when I had a call from a widowed neighbour who said she'd come home after being out visiting all morning to find a stone cold house as her central heating boiler had gone off and "could I come over and look at it."

Dropping my shopping bags I went over to an ice-cold house, she was still wearing her coat and hat.

With "my vast experience of all things mechanical," I had a look at her boiler which is situated in the walk-in cupboard under the stairs and quickly determined the problem.

"I then effected an immediate repair."

I pressed the reset button.

The boiler sprang into life and the heating came back on.

Being serious, her boiler vents into the side wall opposite the mirror semi. Between the two houses there is a shared long carport roof. This acts like a bit of a wind tunnel. I guessed that with the strong winds, during a gust, there'd been some back pressure on the flue, enough to trip out the boiler as it thought there was a blockage.

I then gave a grateful neighbour a quick lesson on boiler maintenance.

I showed her where the reset button is situated on the front of the boiler.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
"I then effected an immediate repair."

I pressed the reset button.

LOL! But you know, this lady must have been panicking like hell! A lot of women are just scared coming to anything technical, Some men are the same!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Snow? What snow?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-000-cannabis-farm-seeing-snow-free-roof.html

'I wonder why there's NO snow on your roof?': Police find £80,000 cannabis farm with around 322 plants... after spotting home with mysteriously ice-free tiles
  • Police smelt cannabis outside the property and saw no snow on the roof
  • They found cannabis being grown in all 4 bedrooms and the cellar of the house
  • PC James Butterfield posed for pictures with the huge drug haul yesterday
  • So far no arrests have been made and police investigation are now underway
They should be in less trouble if they manufacture legal highs .. in bunker built inside their house. Smell from these plants is so obvious.

Wow ....never thought about that.....bit of a give away. Well and truly nabbed!!:D:ROFLMAO:

Ask a Question