What’s happening with the weather in the uk

Logan

Logan
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
1a
Country
United Kingdom
Britain is in a position where we get changeable weather. It's all to do with the jet stream. If we didn't have the moon it would be more unpredictable. Because the gravitation of the moon, it keeps the earth more stable. The earth would woble more on it's axise and make it more unstable.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Logan, I know what you mean with "changeable"! We were under a severe weather watch today (high winds, downpours, hail) and the sky is blue and the wind is gentle.
Last week the prediction was for "spotty showers" and 10 mph. winds. We had 3" of rain and the wind was bending trees!
We have learned not to expect the predicted but to look outside and see what is happening. We have had an unusually wet spring, less heat, and more wind. I for one am a believer in climate change!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It is so good having ''weather'' it is what we Brits like to talk about most. Weather can be so perverse :sick:- or is it us? The last few weeks in Kent have been dry as a bone, and we all wanted lots of lovely rain. :( It happened yesterday and today. Wonderful! :) Now we can all moan about how long the b****y grass is, and how many b****y weeds we need to pull out. :mad: Today we had hail stones....:rolleyes: :whistle::whistle:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Yes, weather is a good thing, even the kind I get. Last evening one of my sisters called to tell me to put my plants in because she was getting hail and she's only minutes away from me. I went out and saw the clouds were not coming in my direction, just hers. lol

Ask a Question