What’s happening with the weather in the uk

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Melting ice adds heat to the oceans. o_O
Climate change is the norm.
Anthropogenic, CO2 based climate change is nonsense spouted for political and revenue-raising purposes.
The planet has been cooling for 17 years.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I do find it odd that they are telling us that CO2 levels are rising, well, maybe they have been recently but geologically they are as low as they were in the Carboniferous period, when the coal was laid down.

In fact they have been thousands of times higher in the past.

http://www.geocraft.com/WVFossils/Carboniferous_climate.html

bullet_pin1.gif
Earth's atmosphere today contains about 380 ppm CO2 (0.038%). Compared to former geologic times, our present atmosphere, like the Late Carboniferous atmosphere, is CO2- impoverished! In the last 600 million years of Earth's history only the Carboniferous Period and our present age, the Quaternary Period, have witnessed CO2 levels less than 400 ppm.

Something odd going on outside at the moment, low clouds are moving west to east, high clouds are going east to west, makes you dizzy if you look up too long.

Reaction score
Today I actually wore a shirt without a jumper and jacket maybe things are a changing! Although it's due to rain it’s going to be 18c tomorrow in London apparently!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We got 20c today down here. Keep em crossed for good weather at the weekend, off to Essex for our annual meet up with the other, other Gardening forum.

Reaction score
The weather is strange in the USA also: our average last frost date is April 11, but it snowed 3 days in May!

I was lucky: the plants I had ordered arrived late. Otherwise I would have lost the lot of them!

Reaction score
Oh, Pete, Kansas is a mess lately. Last year it was HOT in March and then a big drought happened. Trees are dead all over. This year is snowed early MAY! We just got our garden in and we shall see. It's always such a crapshoot around here!

Reaction score
Either nature is going through one of it's "cycles", or worldwide climate change is definately a reality. I'm a Brit ex-pat living on Tenerife. A big part of the move twelve years ago was the deteriorating weather conditions. Seemingly endless wind and rain even in summer.

On this lovely Island the sun will shine almost 365 days a year but even here, things are changing. I have a thick fleece that I put on in the evening if I feel it a bit chilly, wind chill factor. Usually from end of November through end March early April.

The last three years it has been noticably cooler (to residents), and lasting longer. This year I was still wearing my fleece into the first couple of weeks of May. Never before out here have I had to wear it this long.

Jed

Reaction score
We got 20c today down here. Keep em crossed for good weather at the weekend, off to Essex for our annual meet up with the other, other Gardening forum.

Not going to the Chelsea flower show? Have you ever been to that one zigs?
I must say I was surprised to hear the Australian display won the exhibit event. Not sure what to make of the steel sculpture which supposed to be the warratah flower. http://www.skynews.com.au/showbiz/article.aspx?id=873944
We've had some cold nights and Aurora Australis activity over Hobart for some time.

Moonrise with the aurora taken by someone recently.
297a3b48-4366-4881-8a8b-fa5ce13845fc.Large.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, it looks so magical! I've always dreamt about seeing an aurora, I'm sure that it's an unforgettable experience. The picture is gorgeous, thank you for sharing it.

Jed

Reaction score
The benefit of those cold clear nights in autumn and spring are the chances of seeing auroras. Even though the latitude is only 42 degrees south here it's close enough to the south pole to see them.
Here's a link I found of a dedicated Tasmanian aurora photographer.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Either nature is going through one of it's "cycles", or worldwide climate change is definately a reality. I'm a Brit ex-pat living on Tenerife. A big part of the move twelve years ago was the deteriorating weather conditions. Seemingly endless wind and rain even in summer.

On this lovely Island the sun will shine almost 365 days a year but even here, things are changing. I have a thick fleece that I put on in the evening if I feel it a bit chilly, wind chill factor. Usually from end of November through end March early April.

The last three years it has been noticably cooler (to residents), and lasting longer. This year I was still wearing my fleece into the first couple of weeks of May. Never before out here have I had to wear it this long.
Getting old's a bitch, eh?

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
The weather in Essex is pants! Grey, cold, and very chilly with a stiff wind. Around this time of the year, I would have my courgettes growing. No, the 4 minnows out were killed and now I have to hunt for more seeds. Terrible weather. The worst thing is that it was bone dry. Very dry.. Enough to make me cry every morning. :cry::cry::cry:. Today, I have succumbed to the cold and turned on my central heating. Now I wonder who this @Pete is??? Hope is an old friend.

Ask a Question