Watering---How--When--How much

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Speaking of mosquitoes...is there anything organic to treat the water so they can't lay eggs there? Or at least kill the larvae...
Yep, MosquitoDunks or you can get Bacillus Thuringiensis Israelensis (Bti). It is the same stuff but the dunks are easier to find

Reaction score
I water my succulents whenever I remember :p The soil is quite dry by then. They are doing great this way :) As for my other plants... my calla lily is outdoors right now, the weather has been really warm already! So I water it every 3 or 4 days, whenever I see the soil is a bit dry. I also have a mint plant and 2 trasdencatias, I water those whenever I remember! I had a trasdencatia that rot, because it was of the variety that didn't like to be watered so often.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
When you cross-pollinate, does the pepper grow with both plants' traits right then, or do you have to wait until you get the seed from that pepper and then grow a new plant with both traits?
You have to wait for the seed, and you may not get the traits you want, or you may get many mixes of traits in the batch of seeds produced.
You may then have to isolate the mix you like best, and hope that their seeds stay true.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Thanks. I was actually a little worried I was gonna get weird squashes because they're all together, different kinds, and I wanted to eat the varieties I bought, not a weird mix :)

@Chuck, are you enjoying the rain? I know I'm not gonna have to water in a few days :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks. I was actually a little worried I was gonna get weird squashes because they're all together, different kinds, and I wanted to eat the varieties I bought, not a weird mix :)

@Chuck, are you enjoying the rain? I know I'm not gonna have to water in a few days :)
I had a little over 7" all a good slow rain. Not much runoff at all.

Ask a Question