Wasted food produce in the UK

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Yep, that's true. I find it ridiculous how many people who strictly adhere to 'use by' dates - as if the food turns to poison on the stroke of midnight :rolleyes:
You have met my stepdaughter !
Seriously, things to grow and ways to preserve them would make an interesting read. We make jams and preserves, and whenever the missus picks french beans she always gets enough to freeze one lot and eat another, but I wonder if it might run out of steam quite quickly.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You can also buy seeds with food stamps all over the US, and that was how my mom and I ate after I moved in with her. As for paying rent and utilities, that's why so many poor people join gangs. When I was eleven I joined Ninzaibatsu precisely because my father and stepmother refused to feed me, and I needed food and clothes. Of course, they just stole the checks and bought restaurant food (and beer) with them, but eventually the local sheriff, who was tracking "my" expenditures noticed what was happening and, rather than prosecuting them for fraud, gave them plenty of notice of what was happening so they could move to Oklahoma, where the Tulsa County Sheriff's Department gave me a hundred dollars to start a gang because I seemed too harmless because I was starving, so I started a branch of Ninzaibatsu, and the Sheriff noticed what was happening, so we moved to Austin...

Ask a Question