Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
We have been to the London City Hall

upload_2018-8-25_17-42-0.jpeg

upload_2018-8-25_17-42-17.jpeg

I bet it must be almight hot in summer! All glass!

images

If you come to London, City Hall is open to public on Sundays. Not too sure about Saturday!

Talking about Gherkin, we begged the door guards to let us in. But of course, we weren't let in. So want to go in to have a look!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I was 8 mths pregnant and had to travel to St Paul's Cathedral by underground.It was baking hot and nobody offer a seat to me. Won't forget that occasion in a hurry!!!!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wasn't the ceremony in Holloway itself? Some occasion! When we went there, they were painting the rails and all that in preparation for the queen's visit. Well, it's in her back- yard!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
No...its part of London University.....mind you that was back in 1985, so might have changed now. Use to visit her at R. Holloway though.She lives a couple of miles from it now.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Well, part of the London University. Nice area to live in.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it is, after living up there last summer, hubs and I said that if the time came to live nearer our 'boys' then that's where we would like to go. But I wouldn't like to leave here really :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
This is what worries me. Friend urges me to sell up and move as she realised how dangerous my neighbour can me. Apparently the boy in the primary school even talked gangster to his mum who is the daughter of the owner. 3 generations of them. I'm worried that son would do too much commuting. Friend urged me to find somewhere round here. But I really want to have a house with dual aspect or more. I hate living in an area where I can't open the front windows because of the noise, the back because of the dry ill air. To have a house like that, I have to move far away!

We always have to think about our children, even though they are adult enough to breed! LOL!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, brilliant! I must make time to go there! Been to Vyne twice, Petworth once or none! Gorgeous furniture and things just aren't made like these any more. Off to bed and switch of the ebac which has been on for an hour! Will look at them again tomorrow!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
This must be Petsworth House. Not sure if I had been there or might be just the once!

So nice to see it here! The hydrangeas still singing and dancing!

Ask a Question