July Garden Harvest pics & TALL Non-gmo CORN garden tour video

Reaction score
Much of what I have been harvesting from the garden is yellow squash, onions, tomatoes, peppers, greens, herbs, and I have just started to pick beans, cucumbers, and zucchini. With the tomatoes, onions, herbs, and peppers, I have been making lots of raw, fresh salsa.
The pictures below will show you what I have harvested this week from the garden.

Below the list of pictures, I have provided a garden tour video of the Non-gmo corn garden. The varieties I am growing are Bantham and Trucker's Favorite corn. Amongst the corn is beans and butternut squash growing.

July 13th herbs, tomatoes, peppers, yellow squash, & onion harvest

July 11th 2015 carrot harvest

July 15th tomato & pepper harvest

squash & beans harvested July 17th 2015

July 17th yellow squash, zucchini, cucumbers, onion, jalapeno, & tomato harvest

Watch the short video below where I give you a glimpse of the corn garden using the Three sister's method with the beans and squash:

Original post @ July Garden Harvest pics & TALL Non-gmo CORN garden tour video

-Cassie Kinney

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing your garden. Its nice to see some one else growing a non GMO garden, if I can't get the non GMO seeds I will do with out. Its getting harder to find non GMO seeds on line any more, I save seeds from year to year so I know at least they are GMO free.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Congratulations! Once again, my schedule has taken precedence over my edible gardening activities and all my food plants are suffering. If I could find an organic, non-chemical way to battle snails I could probably see at least one cucurbit, I lost the mirliton vine completely. Can't tell if it got too much sun, too little water or what. (Sigh.)

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your beautiful harvest, those squashes and peppers look just delicious! I only wish I had enough space to grow many things just like that. Where did you get those non GMO corn seeds? I have heard they are kinda hard to get nowadays. Congratulations on that wonderful harvest :) Many of us wish we could do something like that, but we can only dream about it :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wonderful harvest Cassie!:)
Some of your carrots have really funny shapes. I love the little round one. It looks like a weird, orange radish:D

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your beautiful harvest, those squashes and peppers look just delicious! I only wish I had enough space to grow many things just like that. Where did you get those non GMO corn seeds? I have heard they are kinda hard to get nowadays. Congratulations on that wonderful harvest :) Many of us wish we could do something like that, but we can only dream about it :p

I get most of my seeds from the same place every year from a company called Vegan Seeds: http://veganseeds.com/, which is where I got the non gmo corn seeds. I save a lot of seeds too. Also whatever I eat from the grocery store, I save the seeds from fruits too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I don't know what to say because my mind is preoccupied with the imagination that I could go to your place and see with my own eyes the harvest in those photos. Freshly harvested vegetables are one of our weaknesses here when it comes to cooking so we always go to a Sunday market where fresh produce are sold. But that's only during Sunday mornings. Really, those photos ignited my desire to cook fresh vegetables.

Reaction score
I get most of my seeds from the same place every year from a company called Vegan Seeds: http://veganseeds.com/, which is where I got the non gmo corn seeds. I save a lot of seeds too. Also whatever I eat from the grocery store, I save the seeds from fruits too.

Nice! Thanks a lot for sharing the link, I have already bookmarked it, it will surely be handy for me later on. It'd be cool if in the future you create a post explaining how you save all those seeds too (y) I think I waste too much :oops:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Fantastic harvest! I like freshly picked vegetables and fruits from one's own garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Gosh, what a fantastic harvest! Looks like it has been keeping you very busy recently! (y)

Reaction score
Nice! Thanks a lot for sharing the link, I have already bookmarked it, it will surely be handy for me later on. It'd be cool if in the future you create a post explaining how you save all those seeds too (y) I think I waste too much :oops:
Ok, I think I'll do a post in a couple months when I will be saving those seeds. And of course many seeds have their own way of storing.

Ask a Question