use of miracid or miracle grow

Reaction score
Country
United States
I will try to explain why you late wife did not have a big weed problem. She probably took care of her plants by cultivating and working the soil periodically and/or used mulch. Probably during the past few years the beds were not properly cared for, seeds blew in, sprouted, grew, produced more seed and and in a few years you ended up with a weed patch. I was under the impression that your myrtle was a myrtle tree like a crepe myrtle, not a ground cover of vinca minor/periwinkle.
Home Depot or any of the big box stores do not usually carry much in the way of organic products. You have to go to genuine nurseries or go online. Using acid has nothing to do with weeds. Some plants require a lower Ph, especially some types of flowers. You must know if your soil is acidic or alkaline to start with in order to know what to add or change in order for your plants to thrive. There are numerous organic ways to raise or lower the soil Ph. One of the best organic methods to lower the Ph or acidify the soil is with the use of peat moss and peat moss tea or if you aren't in a hurry you can use sulfur. Depending on where you live will determine which brands of organic products are available. Just go to a reputable nursery, make friends and ask questions. They will be gad to help

The best liquid organic fertilizer that I am familiar with is made by Medina and is called HastaGro

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chuck and otherss; Thank you all for your inputs. I think I now have path to ho. Thank you. mrdibs

Reaction score
Country
United States
I read your link to MiracleGro, so now I ask, while Sunshine all purpose is fine, what about a liquid
solution. I plant my tomato plants in dirt bed that has been loaded with compost for many years.
Thus I need a liquid equivalent, or do I just add Sunshine ( above) to the ground just under the plant? Or just keep adding the compost? Comment? mrdibs

InvasiveCreeper

Wild Garden and Native Plant Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Mr. Dibs,

You wrote:
I plant my tomato plants in dirt bed that has been loaded with compost for many years.
Thus I need a liquid equivalent, or do I just add Sunshine ( above) to the ground just under the plant?

If your bed is loaded with compost why do you need a liquid equivalent?
Fertilizing with compost is completely fine. That's what your plants need.

If you desire liquid fertilizer, you can make compost tea quite easily.

Exposure to sunshine is important for the health and growth of plants.

I don't believe I am understanding your question.

Last edited:

Ask a Question