Tomato plant help (indoor gardening)

Reaction score
Country
United States
So leaves of plant at base started to develop what I call necrosis.. Trying to clarify diagnoses of what's going on and treatment. Tackle it before it spreads. I've remove infected leaves lean on bacterial and fungal disease.

Soil: miracle grow for vegetables compost mix with water control and I threw in coconut husk with vermiculite.

Plant: Heirloom Italian San Marzano

Any constructive ideas or identifications or treatments please. I've cut the infected off but want to be quick at addressing it and since indoor growing organic measures of treatment. I think blight is correct any options in handling it?

Attachments

• 20201028_223528.jpg
    20201028_223528.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 20201028_223538.jpg
    20201028_223538.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 20201028_224304.jpg
    20201028_224304.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 83
  • 20201028_224310.jpg
    20201028_224310.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 79
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @ColdPepper - and welcome to the forum :)
Just had a look through your posts, and can see a few problems there - including those tiny 'worms' which will probably be sciarid fly lava.
May I ask if you have an outside garden of any sort? I`m sure you could achieve far better results outside.
When it comes to blight, the only way to deal with it is a bonfire :cautious:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
So leaves of plant at base started to develop what I call necrosis.. Trying to clarify diagnoses of what's going on and treatment. Tackle it before it spreads. I've remove infected leaves lean on bacterial and fungal disease.

Soil: miracle grow for vegetables compost mix with water control and I threw in coconut husk with vermiculite.

Plant: Heirloom Italian San Marzano

Any constructive ideas or identifications or treatments please. I've cut the infected off but want to be quick at addressing it and since indoor growing organic measures of treatment. I think blight is correct any options in handling it?
Your plant does NOT have blight. In fact it doesn't have any disease. It has what is called edema and it is caused by improper watering. Google edema plant. It will explain better than I can.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello @ColdPepper - and welcome to the forum :)
Just had a look through your posts, and can see a few problems there - including those tiny 'worms' which will probably be sciarid fly lava.
May I ask if you have an outside garden of any sort? I`m sure you could achieve far better results outside.
When it comes to blight, the only way to deal with it is a bonfire :cautious:
Indoor only its cold and I have an apt. So doing this in pantry cause I cook I was experimenting/hobbying during winter months instead of hydroponics or aquaponics.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I really admire your efforts @ColdPepper , and wish you lots of success. Gardening/growing plants of any kind is a brilliant hobby.
Too many of us take our gardens for granted, and that is such a shame.

Ask a Question