The leaves of my Toms' have all gone yellow ?

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi

We have grown Toms' for the first time in our Greenhouse. Everything was going wonderfully well until about a week ago when the leaves started to go yellow or grey, dried up and curled. There are plenty of trusses on them. The advice I have read tells me it can be either over-watering or under-watering? I am guessing 'over' as I was giving them about a litre and a half every day.

Now I don't know if I should be removing all of the yellowed and wilted leaves ? Will the tomatoes still ripen and be OK ?

Thanks for any advice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi

We have grown Toms' for the first time in our Greenhouse. Everything was going wonderfully well until about a week ago when the leaves started to go yellow or grey, dried up and curled. There are plenty of trusses on them. The advice I have read tells me it can be either over-watering or under-watering? I am guessing 'over' as I was giving them about a litre and a half every day.

Now I don't know if I should be removing all of the yellowed and wilted leaves ? Will the tomatoes still ripen and be OK ?

Thanks for any advice.
Can you send pictures? It might be a watering issue or it might not

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Agree photos would be very helpful. Could be early blight, could be a watering issue.

That seems like much too-frequent and shallow watering. Not sure what your climate is like but we are having a very hot, dry summer so far. It has rained just once in about three weeks now. My tomatoes are established, about two feet high, and I am watering maybe once a week if that. I use a hose and don't know how much but I soak each plant for 2-3 minutes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
White/Yellow leaves = overwatering.

Do you have drain holes on your containers? Also if you have any branches laying in the dirt cut them off. Because its sucking up energy and it will help keep the stock strong.

I use storage containers and add drain holes. Which I water 1-2times a week, clear or blue containers the roots for tomatoes love the greenhouse affect. It helps keep the roots damp and they thrive. plus it helps to see if they are over watered or straight dry. Speaking of toms I need to add more soil to my 80gal container for my tall cherry toms.

Last edited:

Ask a Question