Tall plant with pink flowers

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Can't check it out Claudine, just getting malwa come up as a region of India Took a pic of a Mallow today to show you, but can't upload it on this stupid Chromebook.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
A region of India? Haha:LOL: Type in google "malwa roślina" ('roślina' means 'a plant') and you'll see Polish hollyhocks:)
I attached a few pictures when I started the new thread about my miniature rose a few days ago and I didn't have any problems.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I was just reading a herbal book, Hollyhocks are part of the Malvaceae family, that's where google translate is getting it from (y)

Can't upload the pics to anything other than Google+ Then I can't find them again :( No photo album file that I can find on this thing.

Reaction score
I was just reading a herbal book, Hollyhocks are part of the Malvaceae family, that's where google translate is getting it from (y)

Can't upload the pics to anything other than Google+ Then I can't find them again :( No photo album file that I can find on this thing.

As you are having trouble uploading your picture - have one of here that might help of Lavatera Arborea sometimes known as Malva Arborea - the common name of which is Tree Mallow :D

Tree Mallow - Lavatera arborea2.jpg

Reaction score
Not a bad joke Mindy, Marsh Mallows used to be made from the plant of the same name, Altheaea officinalis, the Marsh Mallow :)

Then we discovered sugar :(

Zigs, don't back me up there. It was a terrible joke!

Reaction score

I'm confused :confused: as although I've double checked to make sure that I haven't missed anything on this thread and do have to admit that I'm not firing on all four cylinders today - much as I could have understood giving a link for Hibiscus - I can't for the life of me see what the connection might be between that of Southern Magnolias and Hollyhocks or Tree Mallows - especially as Southern Magnolias belong to the Magnoliaceae plant family and not the Malvaceae family.

Reaction score

You are welcome - although I have a feeling that your photo was probably a much better example of what a Tree Mallow looks like - than the one that I was able to provide - especially as I feel more than sure that Tree Mallow is native to where you live :)

Ask a Question