Stumperies..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Like to comments :) Glade you all like it. I have always been quick to gather fallen wood for the garden. the ones that surround the fire pit where from a large scots pine I was sad to see fall (I call that feature my log henge) & at the back is a vary large stump of an old popular tree that sits where it fell. I have planted some stumps up with ferns & other plants. There is so much wild life that lives around and in them. I'll sort out some more pictures of this aspect of my Garden as soon as I get the chance :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Daren: Fern in Essex! Wow, just show how ignorant I am. Which part of Essex are you? You have a massive garden.. soooooooo jealous!

Isn't it nice to use organic materials to enhance our garden.. !

Daren: Looking forward to seeing your photos..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How did I miss this thread?
Still getting to know my way around.
Tetters stumpery or whatever is fabulous ...looks so natural too :)
Daren.....wish I had that much space. Lovely garden :)
Marlingardener love the artistic impression....made me smile;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow!! Love your garden Daren, we'll all be round for a barbecue when it warms up a bit more ( yes I spotted yours hiding away amongst the flowers:D)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
I've never heard the word stumpery before. I like it and I like the look Tetters and Daren.

Hey Marlin, check it out!

P1020652.JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, there are a lot of sculptured stumps in Canada.. It's an art form, probably started by the natives. Is that right?

Now, johnny, you can have loads of those sculptured wood stumps to add to theme of a stumpery in your garden and it's good for wildlife.. and you can make a bbq pitch surrounded by stumps .. like Daren's ..I wish I had an acre of land.. or two, or three.. I'm not greedy, hehe!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What ? The one with the waggerly tail? I`m afraid that dear dog`s not for sale :LOL:

Reaction score
:(I was hoping that doggy was for sale.

Afternoon all.
What a gorgeous day.
Wow Tetters, that snake is fantastic.
Darren , lovely big garden. I'd like a stroll around to see what's what. Being nosey an all. :geek: Looks interesting.
Big squeely surprise this morning while strolling around 'my estate' :rolleyes:
I found about a dozen teeny tiny red buds on my Night Phlox that I thought would not survive the winter. Apparently it has a knock out scent on a warm summers evening. Let's hope we get some warm summers evening then. :)

Hiya to everyone. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Johnny, the Easter Island movement is spreading!
I also love the cobra sculpture in Tetter's post. Now I'll be looking for just the right form of deadwood to carve (although with my artistic talent, it will probably look more like a garden snake!).

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
I don't call it mine I just created it and sit & Eat barbeques & light the fire some evening with friends . Its a long story I'll save for another Day (although everyone seems to call it my garden :)) On the subject of stumperies A friend of mine is making one & I just popped in to have a look to day hand help him place so of the plants .....& quick thinking I took a picture as we are talking about stumperies....Not finished but a project started this week ...here is a peek shot
P1030581.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
Strumperies, LOL. New word for me. LOL :):):):) Anyway, :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
Ok, that is out of my system.
We did take down 8 trees three summers ago, working on "Burning" out the stumps, but they are low. Have two over on the side which are to close to flowers to burn out, so thinking of ringing them with a wide garden boarder thing, pile soil in it and plant some annuals. We are in the process of "burning" out to right now. Have not seen pieces of wood used in that way as above pictures. We have a log splitter, that splits them for our fireplace. Keeping wood too close to the house invites insects (just saying)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dundhimachine

Latest Threads