Stumperies..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Daren, beautiful pic! Nice to see people getting hitched in garden settings .. We often see weddings in Nymans even though we only go there once or twice a year ..

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Esther, when we lived in town we had prom photos taken in our garden, as well as engagement photos. Don't go with the weddings--too much fuss and bother. A quick photo shoot and they are gone with prom and engagements. You also don't have to deal with "bridezilla'!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:LOL::LOL:Hey Esther, what is an anal gardener? Larisa - that could be the start of a fantastic Stumpery, but unfortunately it may not be in the right place.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
maybe that is what I can do offer Weddings in my gardens. When I retire I will have more days to make things so perfect. Right now I have a gazebo that needs attention, as soon as the weather breaks.

Clever idea.. You can do it now.. Your garden has the potential .. Why not.. Maybe get a manager! Or Open day two or 3 times a year to share all your pride and joy!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
:LOL::LOL:Hey Esther, what is an anal gardener? Larisa - that could be the start of a fantastic Stumpery, but unfortunately it may not be in the right place.

Is that a typo?? :D:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
An Anal Gardener-- one who is very precise that everything is mulched so perfect, that "ALL" weeds pulled, that "all" is pruned to perfection. Grass cut to the perfect height. etc.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
0332048.jpg
This is part of the stumpery at Highgrove. I found Prince Charles view on the value of rotting wood to wildlife to be quite an inspiration. My own small attempt is meagre in comparison, but already it has attracted much attention from birds and many other creatures.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This is the last addition to my stumpery! It weighs about two tons and it was really hard work giving my two friends instructions on how to get it into place -took the best part of a day and several pots of tea. DSC00012.JPG DSC00013.JPG DSC00014.JPG There is a natural bowl in the centre, which is a great place for a bird watering hole.
I

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely! They look like sculpted art works, each one has its distinctive features! @Tetters.. So much character.. better than those dumped on the ground in Biddulph Grange..

Well done for choosing such interesting stumps..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
:eek: I am impressed Tetters, did you hire the world's strongest men to get that bad boy into position? Love the bird bath/bee drinking station in the middle, they can rest on the wood and dip their tongues down :)

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Your comment makes me laugh:ROFLMAO:.. Soon, Tetters can have a camcorder at the bird bath in the middle of one stump and we can all enjoy her bird videos. And with any luck, we might even see your beloved hoggies...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddiehah

Latest Threads