Spinosad did nothing to nymphs!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Howdy,

I found out my cucumber plant has a little gathering of stink bug nymphs. Last time this happened I sprayed with spinosad (captain jacks dead bug concentrate). Last night I sprayed the plant allll over where the nymphs were, and today they’re all still there hanging out and happy… does this stuff go bad? It’s probably 1-2 years old. Is there a better solution maybe?

IMG_8910.jpeg

image.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I don't think we get exactly those, but that sort of gathering, usually aphids, I take out with soft soap lathered up with an old shaving brush. There is a combined effect of physical damage and being covered in lather that blocks breathing holes, and next rain it's all cleaned off, no poisons.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Omg yall 🙈😂😂😂

Alright thanks for the info, sounds like the classic thumping into a bucket of soapy water is the best I got… orrrr my new shop vac 😈

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Omg yall 🙈😂😂😂

Alright thanks for the info, sounds like the classic thumping into a bucket of soapy water is the best I got… orrrr my new shop vac 😈

Perhaps we were too subtle?

Pheromone lures mimic the scents and hormones of insects to attract the opposite sex for mating. When used with traps, they can lure the insects into the trap and capture them on the sticky substance inside.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Has anyone had any luck with something like this?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
Has anyone had any luck with something like this?

Oh noooo nvm, they’re yellow sticky traps that’ll trap EVERYTHING (including little lizards 😣).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is spinosad what's in Pyganic?... Well, Pyganic was no help for an indoor aphid infestation.
Azamax has been very effective for over a year now. I'm on a 2nd bottle of concentrate. It's systemic and gets rid of bugs by causing them to starve somehow. And it's "suitable for organic gardening". Other kills-on-contact type sprays aren't very reliable because there's always hiding spots where some bugs won't get sprayed.

Ask a Question