Somethings killing my roses

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hey all, I've a bit of a problem. One of my roses has a nasty fungas gnat problem which I'm treating with a H2O2 solution once the dirt dries, and the other is dying much faster for no apparent reason. All the leaves have fallen off, and the only bug I've seen crawling around are tiny white ovular specks, not much bigger than a spider mite. Does anyone know what it is, and how to get rid of it? I would take a picture but they're much too small for my camera to focus on them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hey all, I've a bit of a problem. One of my roses has a nasty fungas gnat problem which I'm treating with a H2O2 solution once the dirt dries, and the other is dying much faster for no apparent reason. All the leaves have fallen off, and the only bug I've seen crawling around are tiny white ovular specks, not much bigger than a spider mite. Does anyone know what it is, and how to get rid of it? I would take a picture but they're much too small for my camera to focus on them.
Without a picture it is difficult to diagnose but there are 2 common insects that are white, damage leaves and crawl around. One is soft scale insects and the other is aphids. You can control them with Neem Oil. It is possible it is some other insect but you can control any insect in your garden with Neem Oil or Spinosad. It will be freezing where you are shortly and all the rose leaves will fall off. When they do rake them up and burn them. Then in the spring do a soil drench with spinosad as soon as the ground thaws.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Definitely too small to be aphids, might be soft scale insects. Brought them in about 3 weeks ago when it started freezing, got spider mites which were dealt with quickly. One plant is now infested with fungas gnats and the other is dying with the aformentioned white insects. Ill try neem oil and see if it helps, but Im not confident the plant will make it.
Thanks for the advice!

Ask a Question