Something I just discovered

Reaction score
Country
Canada
So I have no idea what phones this works on but playing around with my android phone I just discovered if I click on a picture, regardless if it's a download or one I took, then when I click on it there is a few options to share, edit, delete etc but when I click "lens" while I am on data or wifi it will bring up other online pictures of the same thing with the name of whatever it is. So for example a picture of a flower I have no idea what it is but is in my pictures folder will bring up other pictures of the same flower from online and a description of what it is. I tried it on different pictures of stuff I have in my photo library and it so far is 100% accurate. So give it a try, saves searching google for figuring out the name of plants and pests. Lol, I love technology so much!!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
So I have no idea what phones this works on but playing around with my android phone I just discovered if I click on a picture, regardless if it's a download or one I took, then when I click on it there is a few options to share, edit, delete etc but when I click "lens" while I am on data or wifi it will bring up other online pictures of the same thing with the name of whatever it is. So for example a picture of a flower I have no idea what it is but is in my pictures folder will bring up other pictures of the same flower from online and a description of what it is. I tried it on different pictures of stuff I have in my photo library and it so far is 100% accurate. So give it a try, saves searching google for figuring out the name of plants and pests. Lol, I love technology so much!!!
Thanks for the heads up.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Isn't "lens" part of the google chrome suite of apps? In the pictures app maybe or is it in the chrome browser?
I checked google and when it was released in 2017 it was exclusive only to the Google pixel. But after a while they released an app for use with most phones. I think now they are just building in the software on some new phones because it came with mine and I don't see an app for it.

I think it is also in Google's Chrome browser, although I never used it I don't think you can take a pic with your phone and identify it using Chrome browser without uploading it to something, but I could be wrong about that.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4B
Country
Canada
This works on the homescreen of my android phone, and id'd two plants accurately - thanks so much!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Downloaded Google Lens for my iPad from the Appstore. Allowed access to my camera and pictures. And searched on one of the Rowan pictures I took few weeks back. It identified it. Really nice app. Thx.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
I checked google and when it was released in 2017 it was exclusive only to the Google pixel. But after a while they released an app for use with most phones. I think now they are just building in the software on some new phones because it came with mine and I don't see an app for it.

I think it is also in Google's Chrome browser, although I never used it I don't think you can take a pic with your phone and identify it using Chrome browser without uploading it to something, but I could be wrong about that.
I watched a youtube guy I follow say that ai will double the row crop yield. that is strong.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Downloaded Google Lens for my iPad from the Appstore. Allowed access to my camera and pictures. And searched on one of the Rowan pictures I took few weeks back. It identified it. Really nice app. Thx.

After 3 uses, the app requires payment for further use :(

Reaction score
Country
Canada
After 3 uses, the app requires payment for further use :(
That sucks :(

I think it's only free for android, I guess because google is more associated with android then they are with Apple. I don't know, that sucks though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Lol this is kinda funronic for me.

high school: Rote memeory
College 1-3 year: Rote memory
College 4 : synthesis.
Piled higher and deeper: Genesis.

Half is rubbing turtles (rote). The bots are finding more efficient roads by the numbers(synth+ai) . Human are creating something from nothing at the pHD level, Like compost really.

We live in a literal space bubble and one of the oldest books says there is nothing new under the sun.

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Lol this is kinda funronic for me.

high school: Rote memeory
College 1-3 year: Rote memory
College 4 : synthesis.
Piled higher and deeper: Genesis.

Half is rubbing turtles (rote). The bots are finding more efficient roads by the numbers(synth+ai) . Human are creating something from nothing at the pHD level, Like compost really.

We live in a literal space bubble and one of the oldest books says there is nothing new under the sun.
Noting new under our sun, or one of the others in a different galaxy? 😂

Reaction score
Country
United States
That sucks :(

I think it's only free for android, I guess because google is more associated with android than they are with Apple. I don't know, that sucks though.
Today, I opened up my google app on my iPad and the search page came up as the starting page. And google lens is built into the app. Used it to search about a photo I took recently of a sawfly larvae on my cherry tree. Worked great. Hopefully there isn’t a limit to how many times I can use it.

Anyhow, it found me a safe solution to rid of them sawfly larvae:

Ask a Question