Solid garbage management

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
While I have compost pits for the wet garbage - the only fertilizer I use in the garden - my solid garbage has been used effectively as filler for the foundation of this 'love seat'

vlcsnap-2015-05-21-05h57m52s743.png

The solid waste is fortified by cement to make a firm foundation. This concept could be put to use where light weight construction is involved. The foundation for the waterfall reservoir that I have in my garden is similarly built.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
While I have compost pits for the wet garbage - the only fertilizer I use in the garden - my solid garbage has been used effectively as filler for the foundation of this 'love seat'

View attachment 6402

The solid waste is fortified by cement to make a firm foundation. This concept could be put to use where light weight construction is involved. The foundation for the waterfall reservoir that I have in my garden is similarly built.
Just what is solid garbage and what is wet garbage?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Just what is solid garbage and what is wet garbage?
Solid garbage is plastic, broken pieces of glass, bricks and stuff. Wet garbage is what comes from the kitchen and garden - rotten fruits, flowers, etc.

Reaction score
Wow, you guys have gotten very creative with this kind of stuff! I wish you had made a video showing how you did this and upload it to YouTube, I bet a lot people would have been so interested to see how is done. I am! Mostly out of curiosity because we don't really have space for something like that. Good job! Love the way it looks :) Actually it has a nice finish.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Wow, you guys have gotten very creative with this kind of stuff! I wish you had made a video showing how you did this and upload it to YouTube, I bet a lot people would have been so interested to see how is done. I am! Mostly out of curiosity because we don't really have space for something like that. Good job! Love the way it looks :) Actually it has a nice finish.
Creating a video is time consuming. This was done a while ago and so I do not have state by stage pictures to show.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Like it :)

I built a wall out of rubbish a few months back :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
DSCN0623.JPG

Pile of rubbish....

DSCN0652.JPG

DSCN0653.JPG

Stacked in a neat pile :)