Sold a few things

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Found some old Acrow props clearing out the back garden, put them on the free ads on Gumtree & got £20 for them straight away:)

Oh yes, also sold my house today

Reaction score
Selling your house...is that a GOOD thing? You're happy to be moving? (LOL....is that too nosy an inquiry? :rolleyes: ) We're also trying to sell a house. Between us my hubby and I have two and, obviously, need only one. Here's hoping I can have a similar report soon!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7B
I am glad to hear that you sold your house, but now you have to start the long process of moving, Zigs. Hopefully, you already have found another place to move to, and the process will go smoothly. Are you going to dig up flowers and shrubs and move them, or are they all staying with the house for the new owner ??

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Congrats Zigs :D - that's good going in the current climate!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's brilliant news, congratulations!! :D I hope it's plain sailing from now until completion.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Cheers All:)

Had to sell, got to split the proceeds with ex wife. I'll be happy to move on, place is too big for just Willow & I.

Going to rent for a while till I can work out a plan with my new special lady:)

Talked to the ex about custody last night, we both decided that the Olive Tree will be better off at her Sister's Garden:D All the rest is just veg so will either get eaten before we move or left for the new people.

Reaction score
Congratulations!

Imagine buying a house with a mature garden already in place. I would value the garden almost as much as the house. You can't eat a house.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ta :)

Still spraying and watering the veg, never know how long these things take.

Bit of a panic at lunchtime, one of the buyers phoned the Estate agents convinced that she'd never be able to re sell it, because banks won't lend on Timber Framed houses in England.

While I was scanning in documents to prove I've got a mortgage on it, her husband accidentally came across the website of the Ecology Building Society and phoned them to ask if they would lend on timber framed. After asking him a few questions they very quickly established it was my house and told him that not only would the lend on the property, they already are.

It was my Building Society

Panic over:rolleyes:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Fantastic news Ziggy and great news re gumtree .

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Ello Kat :)

Fancy seeing you over here :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Just came across the site .

Just relaxing before going out to my garden to water.

Reaction score

Bit of a panic at lunchtime, one of the buyers phoned the Estate agents convinced that she'd never be able to re sell it, because banks won't lend on Timber Framed houses in England.

While I was scanning in documents to prove I've got a mortgage on it, her husband accidentally came across the website of the Ecology Building Society and phoned them to ask if they would lend on timber framed. After asking him a few questions they very quickly established it was my house and told him that not only would the lend on the property, they already are.

I am happy for you. Hope everything works out well for the two of you. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

Phew! Glad that all worked out ok. Selling/buying houses certainly is a heck of a rollercoaster!!

Reaction score
Found some old Acrow props clearing out the back garden, put them on the free ads on Gumtree & got £20 for them straight away:)

Oh yes, also sold my house today

Congratulations on selling your house. Now you can move on with your life. Hopefully the new people will appreciate the garden that you're leaving behind and keep it up.

Ask a Question