Smash Burgers with a Roasted Red Onion - Very simple easy budget cooking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I cooked up Spice & Eazy smash burgers with a roasted red onion on the grill using @SpiceandEazy's burger herb and spice mix. Very very nice indeed, flavours worked so very well. Very nice balanced combo of some lovely herbs and spices. Very very easy to make and tasted amazing !!

Please hit the like on my video to help support my channel and please subscribe.

tags: easy meals, simple cooking, simple eats, simple recipes, budget meals, healthy meals, comfort food

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I'm very wary about "hamburgers" in the UK and avoid them like the plague when I'm there. A real hamburger patty is 100% beef only, with maybe a shake of salt and black pepper on it - possibly even a shake of seasoning salt allowed, but not the typical hockey puck of mystery meatloaf-like substance adulterated with other stuff that you find there. The EU, with all their protectionism, has never given the hamburger the kind of protected status it deserves - but then it's an American invention, so there ya go. We don't mix other fillers and crap into our hamburgers and call them such, unless it's occasionally some additional different meat, like bacon, or maybe cheese. But typically cheese would be stuffed in the middle, not usually grated and mixed in with the meat. Anything esle is maybe a burger of aome kind, but not a hamburger.

I admit I did not actually review your recipe, because it seemed like it was off topic and just advertising your money making Youtube channel and spiceandeasy products, but I'll believe you it might be some kind of tasty item.

A real smash burger should be 2 (minimum) 100% beef hamburger patties grilled on one side then flipped over on top of some chopped onions and smashed down on them to finish the other side and lightly saute them. Then a slice of cheddar or American cheese melted on top of each and stacked in a hamburger bun. Like I said, DK if yours conforms to that, but it doesn't sound like it.

Just so you know I'm not being an a-hole for the sake of it. I do sometimes like making turkey burgers with ground trukey, grated zuchinni, and grated pepperjack chesse. You can add an egg and a few panko bread grumbs as a binder, Very good, but you have to use a flattop grill or heavy skillet - they will fall apart on a typic BBQ grill grate.

OK, off my soapbox now.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm very wary about "hamburgers" in the UK and avoid them like the plague when I'm there. A real hamburger patty is 100% beef only, with maybe a shake of salt and black pepper on it - possibly even a shake of seasoning salt allowed, but not the typical hockey puck of mystery meatloaf-like substance adulterated with other stuff that you find there. The EU, with all their protectionism, has never given the hamburger the kind of protected status it deserves - but then it's an American invention, so there ya go. We don't mix other fillers and crap into our hamburgers and call them such, unless it's occasionally some additional different meat, like bacon, or maybe cheese. But typically cheese would be stuffed in the middle, not usually grated and mixed in with the meat. Anything esle is maybe a burger of aome kind, but not a hamburger.

I admit I did not actually review your recipe, because it seemed like it was off topic and just advertising your money making Youtube channel and spiceandeasy products, but I'll believe you it might be some kind of tasty item.

A real smash burger should be 2 (minimum) 100% beef hamburger patties grilled on one side then flipped over on top of some chopped onions and smashed down on them to finish the other side and lightly saute them. Then a slice of cheddar or American cheese melted on top of each and stacked in a hamburger bun. Like I said, DK if yours conforms to that, but it doesn't sound like it.

Just so you know I'm not being an a-hole for the sake of it. I do sometimes like making turkey burgers with ground trukey, grated zuchinni, and grated pepperjack chesse. You can add an egg and a few panko bread grumbs as a binder, Very good, but you have to use a flattop grill or heavy skillet - they will fall apart on a typic BBQ grill grate.

OK, off my soapbox now.
I have to agree. If i could edit the title I would rename it smash burger style burgers lol thanks for that :) and nope I'm currently not making money on YouTube. Simply trying to share my arts some of which are cooking and if I can eventually make some money out of it, thats good. As I could do with some lol much love !!

Ask a Question