Is'nt life smashing

• Thread starter Peace perfect peace
  • Start date
P

Peace perfect peace

Every day come rain or shine i start the day in the same way, ie the three S'es shower/shave/ and to use a nicer word the loo,
Then its say good morning to my two best friends and let them out to do their three doggy S'es but delete the shave bit and add bark in the new day,
Now the coffee's ready and so am i to start my garden walk about "coffee in hand' and take a look at what mother nature has given me over night,
And top the bird feed up with fresh seed/water and get out of the way of the verious birds landing for the breakfast feast,

Whats doing well in the beds and borders, and this time of our year are the "cherry tree's" offerings ready for the fight between me and the birds as to who gets what off the 6 tree's i have, and then continue towards the next inspection spot "the greenhouse" and whats going outside on the outside stages for the day and what needs what ie watering, potting on, or planting out,
Next stage of the inspection is around the pool area and to rescue the verious Lizards ect who've enjoyed an early morn swim at my exspence, and now to the long rose tunnel (oneside first) and just enjoy that lovely tunnel of rose's and the perfume smelling roses 'all 30 foot of tunnelling'
And now the otherside of the tunnell and the coffee 's gone cold and the mugs left "again on the potting bench in the greenhouse for a later collection from her in doors,
And now its time to cover the complete outside area gain but armed with my poop collecting kit and the start of poop patrol,
All this takes about 30/40mins and its the start to everyday and every day i can't help but think what a lucky boy i am to enjoy a smashing life in Peace Perfect Peace.
Half the time i dont know what day it is or if world war three has started yet:giggle:

P

Peace perfect peace

No they're all alive :giggle:
When we found this old farm it had not been lived in for 25yrs
The grounds we're really wild and the orchard we had no idea how many fruit trees we had, some had fallen down and the brambles had took ,over,
The long drive way hedge was Laurel and hawthorn all growing into each other Like a world champion fight with the wild brambles as the ropes of the ring.
We signed on the saturday morning and then had a mad dash 400miles to the ferry to get a late evening boat back to the UK and then another 300 odd miles back to complete the selling of our uk home,
So as you can see we had a lot to talk about all the way to the uk ie how big is 2 acre ? and what are we going to do with those birds that have moved into the lounge ?

I returned 2 weeks later in a van plus trailer/army sleeping bag that did see 5 tours of ireland plus a few other places,
The idea being to try and get action going ref building quotes for little things every home should have .
(A roof for one & windows)

The roof had seen better days and inspite of the romance of sleeping under the stars !!!!!! It got wet when it rained,
The first night i lay in the lounge on the floor and i used an old oil lamp i'd found in the barn still with oil in it and as i lay listening to the house martins just above the shelf i started to fall asleep,
About 2am i heard coughing and thought who the hells that, I got up and crept across the room heading for the window frame that had'nt seen glass for years, and again cough cough, and then the running away sound.
It was a wild deer that had lived in the old pig sty that was just opposit the window frame i was standing by, I'd scared him and he'd done the same for me,
The chicks in the nest "and mother" became friends and when i was cooking my evening meal by calor gaz and the open fire the flames would light the room up and all you could see was this little line of chicks looking at what i was doing,
They also liked the music from my battery operated radio/cd player (you've got your troubles ive got mine seemed tobe the favourit)

Now your Question ref roses, the long drive way i started to cut the hedge and try to let anyone know this farm house is now owned
(as the two neighbours called me "The crazy english man)
Anyway after the second year i noticed a purple rose or two growing within the hedge and now about 1/4 of one side of this hedge is covered every summer with the most perfumed scent you'd ever want to smell.

Ask a Question