Sick Coffee plant help

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ive had this plant for several years. Recently it boomed in growth then I over watered it and it began suffering. When I repotted it I trimed roots a bit, didnt see much rot. I put bone meal in fresh soil fresh pot and it began turning yellow. Ive since repotted it twice. flushed the bone meal added a small amout of soil acidfier, still turning yellow. second repot I flushed it and put it i fresh soil with unused coffee grounds and watered with cold coffee. its still turning yellow! its not just old leaves its any leaf. some old leaves are still green. the yellowing effects both young and old. im just at a loss on what to do.

NigelJ

Still Learning
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not surprised it's unhappy; cheerfully growing , minding it's own business and suddenly nearly drowned, pulled out of it's home, bits lopped off, new home, then moved again and again and again, then finally stuck in a home full of the ground up remains of it's relatives children and watered with cold coffee. Wouldn't you be unhappy.
Okay: coffee plants originate in Ethiopia, so give it similar conditions. Repot into an ericaceous compost, lime free acidic compost, (no bits of dead relatives) water, preferably with rain water. Cross fingers and hope.
Also read https://www.masterclass.com/articles/how-to-grow-coffee note humidity and temperature requirements.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here's another answer.... I totally agree with Nigel, he couldn't have put it better. There really is no better way to explain what you've done wrong nor help with what to do next. No offence is intended, but we have to say it how it is.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Ok, well you both didn’t give an intelligent answer. It’s funny that Reddit is more helpful than this “gardening” forum.

I’m deactivating my email for this stupid forum so don’t bother trying to tell me how smart you guys are, I won’t receive it.

I assumed it was a PH issue and wanted help addressing it but you two bone heads probably wouldn’t understand anything about that. Amateurs with a know it all mentality.

Attachments

• IMG_4034.jpeg
    IMG_4034.jpeg
    114.4 KB · Views: 4

Ask a Question