Share an Autumn / Fall view from one of your windows.

mg guy

lawn and garden freak
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
no sweeping vistas here, just a quick pic from the kitchen on this dreary first of November.

yes, summer is really over.

DSCF4083 (2).JPG

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Wow! Such a lot of lovely views and massive fields ... I wish I had gone to the US instead of the UK! Or Australia even ..

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely @Esther Knapicius .....forgive me if I am wrong ( often am:)) but your pic has reminded me of something I've seen before......did you by chance post a time lapse series of pics of this view......if so then it was quite stunning(y)

I am eyeing up the leaf mould potential!!:D:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
How spooky is that:mad:!!!
I've just been posting about strange going on's.....then I noticed that the overhead wires look different.....the first pic was only taken on Tuesday and the above one just a moment ago!!!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
a week

again, cool property!

Is that an old barn foundation where the car is parked?

Yes...funny story about that foundation. When we bought this house 23 years ago, the property was split by the road we live on. The house stood on 3+ acres; across the road was 5+ acres. We were only buying the house and 3+ acres. As part of the purchase contract, we wanted the owners to get a variance from the township so we could rebuild the barn. The barn foundation is only 4 feet off the road as was the way they built them way back when the road was nothing but a dirt road. The new ordinance for buildings was a set back of at least 30 feet from the road. One night I got a call from the Real Estate agent. She said she had good and bad news. I told her to give me the bad news first. She said the township would not give a variance because the barn foundation had not had a barn on it in more than 1 year (probably many more!). If it had only been a year, we could rebuild without the variance, but since it was more than the year, if we wanted to build a barn, we would have to set it back at least 30 feet from the road. I told her not to worry...so, we can't build the barn. Then, she told me the good news. The Sellers were afraid we might pull out of the contract because of this, so they decided to give us the 5 acres on the other side of the road to sweeten the deal. So, instead of 3+ acres, we wound up with 8+ acres for the same price!

In 2005, we bought the little house and 7+ acres adjacent to our house, so we have 15 acres now. The little house only has 3 rooms.

Here's a pic I took from my home office on the 2nd floor just a few minutes ago. Looks like it is going to clear up for this afternoon

field.jpg

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
How spooky is that:mad:!!!
I've just been posting about strange going on's.....then I noticed that the overhead wires look different.....the first pic was only taken on Tuesday and the above one just a moment ago!!!!!

Hallow'een effect! Oh, Spppppppppooooookyyyyy!

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Lovely @Esther Knapicius .....forgive me if I am wrong ( often am:)) but your pic has reminded me of something I've seen before......did you by chance post a time lapse series of pics of this view......if so then it was quite stunning(y)

I am eyeing up the leaf mould potential!!:D:ROFLMAO:

Yes, it's like groundhog day. Even I have seen Esther's beloved photo 2 or 3 times.. Perhaps, Hallow'een spooking someone .. probably me ..

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes...funny story about that foundation. When we bought this house 23 years ago, the property was split by the road we live on. The house stood on 3+ acres; across the road was 5+ acres. We were only buying the house and 3+ acres. As part of the purchase contract, we wanted the owners to get a variance from the township so we could rebuild the barn. The barn foundation is only 4 feet off the road as was the way they built them way back when the road was nothing but a dirt road. The new ordinance for buildings was a set back of at least 30 feet from the road. One night I got a call from the Real Estate agent. She said she had good and bad news. I told her to give me the bad news first. She said the township would not give a variance because the barn foundation had not had a barn on it in more than 1 year (probably many more!). If it had only been a year, we could rebuild without the variance, but since it was more than the year, if we wanted to build a barn, we would have to set it back at least 30 feet from the road. I told her not to worry...so, we can't build the barn. Then, she told me the good news. The Sellers were afraid we might pull out of the contract because of this, so they decided to give us the 5 acres on the other side of the road to sweeten the deal. So, instead of 3+ acres, we wound up with 8+ acres for the same price!

In 2005, we bought the little house and 7+ acres adjacent to our house, so we have 15 acres now. The little house only has 3 rooms.

Here's a pic I took from my home office on the 2nd floor just a few minutes ago. Looks like it is going to clear up for this afternoon

View attachment 29104

How lucky you were.. Free acres of land... I think it's a good idea have build barns or houses further away from road, just in case an oil tanker caught fire, not that it would your way. Such a big country, why stress people have buildings so near the road?

Ask a Question