Redoing my lawn...

Reaction score
Ok, my lawn...looks awful. It was nice and lush when I moved in, but weeds took over, I took them out, but now it is patchy and horrible. There are parts of it where it looks like grass will never grow. what can I do? I don't know much about gardening (why I'm here). How do I prepare it and do I buy seeds, turf? I don't know.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Ok, my lawn...looks awful. It was nice and lush when I moved in, but weeds took over, I took them out, but now it is patchy and horrible. There are parts of it where it looks like grass will never grow. what can I do? I don't know much about gardening (why I'm here). How do I prepare it and do I buy seeds, turf? I don't know.
Could you send a pic and where are you located?

Reaction score
Well, first of all what you need to do is find out what kind of grass you have. Also, if the soil looks hard underneath the grass, you may want to put down some soil and fertilizer so it has a chance to be moisturized and have a chance to spread. If all else fails, throw down seed of the same type of grass.

I have also heard that shooting ammonia on your grass helps it grow but I have always been too scared to do that.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
It would help to know where you are located, now that we are well into summer has there been an improvement in the condition of your lawn?

Ask a Question