Quite a Few Petunias

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
United States
Hi, fellow gardeners,

What is the key to keeping lovely petunias? Every year I plant them in pots where they get plenty sun and water, but before the summer ends, they are leggy and and not as lush as when they were planted. Thanking you in advance for your help. These that are posted are simply beautiful.
Do you fertilize your petunias? I use a bloom booster and they stay great! They grow so much and spill over the pot in blooms I love it. Up until some in August then I have a problem with aphids or something and they are almost gone.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, fellow gardeners,

What is the key to keeping lovely petunias? Every year I plant them in pots where they get plenty sun and water, but before the summer ends, they are leggy and and not as lush as when they were planted. Thanking you in advance for your help. These that are posted are simply beautiful.

Trim them back mainly. Make sure they don't get too dry or wet.
big rockpile

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
I have noticed some Petunias are starting to die back where some are still blooming strong.

They do like Dead Heading and some fertilizer.

big rockpile
Noticed that with mine. but soon, most of mine will be pulled as the routine for getting stuff ready for clean up. Fall is here.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, fellow gardeners,

I had some I liked for Hanging Baskets.

I was going to Clone but felt it was too late so I cut them off and they are coming back fine I'm going to put them in my Greenhouse and take cuttings off.

big rockpile

Ask a Question