Putting a value on 150 established potted gladiolus plants

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in a rental house along the Gulf Coast in the Southern United States.
My landlord passed away recently and his widow sold the rental house for cash at a big discount below market value.
I have been given short notice to vacate the premises by June 1st by the new owner.

I am going to have to move into an apartment and abandon my long time beautiful backyard flower garden.

About six weeks ago, I potted up about 150 large gladiolus corms. Seven different varieties. I potted them all in
5 inch plastic pots or 5 inch peat jiffy pots to establish them before planting as is my habit. They are doing great and the leaves on each plant are 18 to 24 inches tall.

I intended to plant them all in my flower garden in the backyard this week with the expectation of a big show of blooms in July.

Can anyone give me a value that I might offer each of these well established gladiolus plants on let's say Craigs List in my area?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

In this situation youdo need to make a quick sale. I think your best bet is to sell the plants at 'best offer'. After doing this, wait about a week to compare offers and then select the best one. Do factor in ease-of-sale and reliability-of-seller, as well as the price.

Ask a Question