The Value of This Forum

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Here, I have learned so much about front-line, state-of-the-art, organic gardening techniques, and been able to use these techniques to such good effect on my allotment plots, that I have been approached by the committee to do a series of lectures on some of these excellent techniques, as not only I, but the committee itself has been approached by members wishing to learn some of them.
A number of fellow growers have stated that my plot is the most productive by far and that my veg are earliest to harvest, which is important in our relatively short season, as it hugely increases total yields.
The organic techniques I've learned here are easily out-producing petro-gro, and the interest they are stimulating here is heart-warming.
Everyone who contributes to this board deserves some of the credit, and you can be sure that you get a mention when my plot is praised.
I think it shows one thing I was right about; don't proselytise, just do your stuff and let them come to you.
YOU have made a difference!!!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's good of you to say so Bees :)

I've only been at it since I was 7 and i'm still learning :D

Long may it continue.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I have also learned a lot from this forum and I hope I am doing my share in contributing useful information on gardening. I am not really a gardener, just a backyard farmer who loves to eat fruits and vegetables. By the way, we just harvested a basket of star fruit. Unfortunately, I forgot to take a photo, sad. Maybe I can do that on the next fruiting.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Here, I have learned so much about front-line, state-of-the-art, organic gardening techniques, and been able to use these techniques to such good effect on my allotment plots, that I have been approached by the committee to do a series of lectures on some of these excellent techniques, as not only I, but the committee itself has been approached by members wishing to learn some of them.
A number of fellow growers have stated that my plot is the most productive by far and that my veg are earliest to harvest, which is important in our relatively short season, as it hugely increases total yields.
The organic techniques I've learned here are easily out-producing petro-gro, and the interest they are stimulating here is heart-warming.
Everyone who contributes to this board deserves some of the credit, and you can be sure that you get a mention when my plot is praised.
I think it shows one thing I was right about; don't proselytise, just do your stuff and let them come to you.
YOU have made a difference!!!
For the average home vegetable gardener what, in your opinion is the single most helpful or important technique that will insure success? And why?

Reaction score
I've learnt a lot things over here, bees :) I still have to learn a lot and out into practice the things I've learnt so far, but I know the knowlegde is here in this community filled of really polite and helpful individuals!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have learned a lot from the forum and I like sharing what I know with others. I have been gardening since I was about 8 off and on. I love my house plants and always have house plants in my home.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I too have learned a lot and find this forum very inspiring. This, along with the many survival and unplugged living shows I watch, I feel like I may actually have the smarts to take care of myself if I ever really needed to. It has been nice to learn from you all because I will be buying a house soon and can't wait to spread my gardening wings even further than I have already.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Headfulofbees, congratulations on having such successful gardens, and for being willing to share your knowledge with other gardeners! Let us know how the lectures go--famously, I'm sure.
When you are not available for quick advice, you might steer some of the other gardeners to this site--quick replies and encouragement.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I love participating here for this very reason. Despite being on the forum for only a relatively short period of time, I've already read a lot about ways to improve my yields, veggies that would be easier to grow than others, what my hardiness zone is (hadn't even known of the term before) and things like that.

Information sharing is such a wonderful thing!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love this forum too:) People here are so friendly and helpful, I learn something new almost every day by reading your posts and looking at beautiful pictures of your gardens:) So thank you all:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
That's fantastic to hear @headfullofbees! (y) :D This forum sure is a great resource, and thank you for everything you contribute to it :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have also learned so much from this forum! It sure is a great resource and everyone is very helpful.

Ask a Question