POTM June 2017 Winner

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
What a lovely photo, congratulations!
If members keep submitting all these great photos, Becky may have to change the contest to "Photo of the Week."
I had to drink two glasses of wine before I decided which photo to vote for. If I'd had three, I'd have voted for Zigs' photo.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Daren oh lordy are those geese?:) What are they doing dressed up like ducks? Well never mind, "Daren's ducks" sounds better than "Daren's geese" and i would have voted for the photo any way, by far my favorite:love: Are the little ones still with the adults? Maybe you could show us an up dated photo?

Good for you for voting for Zigs' Andy, it deserved a vote:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Nice shot Beverly. And thanks all who voted for my turtles. these ties have happened before. Think a better way of handling it is to have each take a turn during the month as the winner.
I thought of that also Esther, but all members get one vote including Becky and she reserves her vote to use as a tie breaker so in the end it really isn't a tie and i think that is fair.(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
They fly over there and knock about the window. I do not know why they do it, but I always go to let them go free.
They probably pupated in the barn as caterpillars and when they became butterflies and could fly, they wanted out.:D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
@Daren oh lordy are those geese?:) What are they doing dressed up like ducks? Well never mind, "Daren's ducks" sounds better than "Daren's geese" and i would have voted for the photo any way, by far my favorite:love: Are the little ones still with the adults? Maybe you could show us an up dated photo?

Good for you for voting for Zigs' Andy, it deserved a vote:D
i'll have to look see if I got some more up to date pics of them but here is one of them out of the water. I think they always look the best when new born:)
P1030854.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Daren, yikes! Those are GEESE! Now i can't find your photo entry, but i remember the adults as being white. I knew i should have taken a copy of that image, now it is nowhere to be found. I like them better in the water. I have nothing against Geese and the little ones are probably learning to eat slugs:D Do these larger ones start out white and change color?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Ah, but @granjera for any subject there are many points of view and you seem to get that right every time. I suspect you do not know you are doing this. It is a question of having an artistic eye and that makes all the difference in the world. I do not have an artistic eye, but i do get lucky sometimes. I can sort out who has an artistic eye and who doesn't but of course i wouldn't do that... not out loud anyway.
coffee time.gif

Ask a Question