POTM June 2017 Winner

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Congratulations to @Beverly for winning the June 2017 Photo of the Month competition! (y)

3 Beverly.JPG

It was a close one this month - there were 3 photos tied for first place, so in the end I cast the deciding vote. But well done to everyone for a great show this month! (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Oh, thank you to the people who voted for the butterfly. This was quite an interesting tie, dogs and turtles and a butterfly:) I actually voted for Daren's ducks and was hoping it would win. Such a lovely photo with the ever vigilant adults quietly looking after the ducklings....serene with a hint of danger. I do have a soft spot for ducks. I also have a soft spot for turtles and if Daren hadn't entered his ducks, i would have voted Esther's turtles (also a soft spot for turtles). Such a good variety altogether and thanks to everyone who submitted photos.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
Congratulations, Beverly! I think it's difficult to take a photo of a butterfly. I do not know how you managed!
But it looks great!
good.gif

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Larisa...Thank you and yes butterflies can be difficult, especially the swallowtails because they are mostly continual rapid motion. But there are little tricks...this one was taking nectar from a Tithonia rotundifolia flower and was intent on eating. Usually when they are eating, they are more easily photographed:). Do you see butterflies in Russia?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
That was a great shot! I dithered because once again there were so many great photos. I think I chose Esther's...I agree, many equally wonderful photos to choose from.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Congrats, @Beverly . Loved the dogs and the turtles, but the sharpness of the butterfly and petunia won me over.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@Beth_B i agree and for me, the process is more fun than the win or in this case 3 way tie, especially when there are so many entries and as the entries come i find myself starting to grow an attachment to one or the other and maybe technically better photos are there, i still have an attachment to this one.

Thank you @granjera coming from the mistress of fine photos, it is very nice indeed that you liked the color combo and the clarity:)

And equally well done @Tetters:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
@splinx you were the other person who voted for Daren's ducks? It is nice to know the other person who voted for it, i think we have exceptionally good taste:LOL:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 b
Country
Russian Federation
@Larisa...Thank you and yes butterflies can be difficult, especially the swallowtails because they are mostly continual rapid motion. But there are little tricks...this one was taking nectar from a Tithonia rotundifolia flower and was intent on eating. Usually when they are eating, they are more easily photographed:). Do you see butterflies in Russia?

Yes! I see butterflies in my barn in large numbers. They fly over there and knock about the window. I do not know why they do it, but I always go to let them go free.
There are a lot of butterflies in the garden too.:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Great shot Beverly (y)you deserve the win I love butterfly's and you got a spanking got shot. Glad you liked the Geese, I have been watching then grow up this month. I could not make my mind up who to vote for there was so many great shots ......I know someone voted for Zigs strange animal ...wonder who that was:whistle::D

Ask a Question