Phlox paniculata 'Peacock Cherry Red'

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
2013-07-28 Phlox paniculata 'Peacock Cherry Red'.jpg

Phlox paniculata 'Peacock Cherry Red' (from my garden, July 28, 2013). The 'Peacock Cherry Red' has vibrant cerise red, fragrant flowers composed in large panicles on short stems with bushy with mid to dark green, lanceolate leaves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It's lovely! This plant brings a lot of memories to me. When I was a child, my aunt used to grow billions of phloxes in her garden. They were everywhere:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 6
Country
United States
Peacock Cherry Red reminds me of a deep violet-red phlox a lady once had.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4 to 5 best for success.
Country
United States
love Phlox's , but I focus on any that is mildew resistance. spent too many years fighting it. one summer I had it, yelled at them and pulled any that had too many mildew leaves. the remaining behaves themselves.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They grow in expanding clumps that make it more difficult to get air circulation. They also self seed all over the place. They all get mildew that climbs as the plant grows taller. With all that said, I grow them in back of Hostas which cover the mildew for the most part and I shovel prune them, whenever. They bloom as long as you deadhead them and are beautiful at least two periods a season. I get burned-out late in the season and stop deadheading, but they would bloom again for a third time if I wasn't so lazy.

Grown by themselves as a few stems out in plain site, the mildew looks worse. I've given-up on that.
20150801_152902.jpg20150801_152827.jpg20150801_152906.jpg

Ask a Question