Patient Access

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Our doctors surgery, (they call them "health centres" these days, but the staff remain the same, doctors, practice nurse and clerical staff) has notices up saying you have to book doctor's appointments on-line using "Patient Access."

It's a bit of a nonsense as a high proportion of the registered patients will be elderly and not computer literate. My wife refuses to have anything to do with computers. She wanted to book an appointment for a flu jab so phoned the surgery, explained her situation and got an appointment for last night. I took her down, went in with her and as we've known the doctor for decades, he did mine at the same time.
But to "play the game," I decided I'd register with Patient Access in case I ever need to see a doctor. So when we came home I went on line and sorted it out.
But what amazed me was that you have to create a password. No problem, I've a few dozen.

But a twelve digit one?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Do you want someone getting your medical info? Short passwords are easy to hack into. I know its a pain, my husbands payroll site requires us to get a new password every 2 months! Times have changed and there are a lot of bad people out there looking to steal from others.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Keir Hardy
Country
United Kingdom
Do you want someone getting your medical info? Short passwords are easy to hack into. I know its a pain, my husbands payroll site requires us to get a new password every 2 months! Times have changed and there are a lot of bad people out there looking to steal from others.

I'm really not sure how my medical info will help anyone. Knowing that I had my appendix out at ten and a hip replaced in 2009 is hardly valuable information that could be used to their advantage.

Far more profitable to hack into financial accounts which have shorter passwords.

Asking some elderly people to remember a twelve digit password, is a bit much. They'd probably have to write it down which would defeat the purpose.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The way things are going, I cannot decide if it`s safer to venture out to the surgery for a flu jab or stay bunkered down at home and self isolate for another 12 months - if we don`t see anyone, we can`t catch much ??? :unsure:

Ask a Question